• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Attack of the Red Faced Gorilla

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
User name: TheHappyKidShow
Title of thread: Attack of the Red Faced Gorilla
Self review: This was my first time playing with Blender and manipulating a 3D object in real space. I feel some areas could use some improvement with camera tracking... but overall I think the effects are decent for a kid's youtube channel and I think the music is great. My kids liked it, but I am always harder on myself when it comes to these things. Some thing I am worried about is that I made the gorilla too scary.. Maybe kids won't like it. I don't know. Appreciate honest feedback.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgXE74Eud2U

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/24939/#post-95798

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
This is great. I loved it.

My kids are probably younger than the target age, but I do end up watching a lot of kids programming. My main feedback is that the pace of the story may move too fast for kids. Kids shows usual take time to deliver info 'cause it takes longer for them to process everything. Having your video go a bit longer to give more time for the information may help with younger viewers.

As for the gorilla, the design wasn't overly scary be itself, but the music cues may make it a bit much for kids. But when the little brother backup came in was great.

Good job. I'm envious of you skills. lol

Reactions: TheHappyKidShow

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
It's great seeing you back here again! Your content is always fun to watch.

I think you captured a Robert Rodriguez "Spy Kids" kind of vibe with the effects. I don't think it would be overly scary to kids. It has that "we got the bad guy" feel that I think works with that audience.

Funny enough, I think the main issue I saw - or rather heard - was with some of the audio. Some of the voice wasn't as clear as it could be. I suspect that was from the kids turning away from the mic.

I liked it. Your creativity is great!

• Love
Reactions: TheHappyKidShow
OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
This is great. I loved it.

My kids are probably younger than the target age, but I do end up watching a lot of kids programming. My main feedback is that the pace of the story may move too fast for kids. Kids shows usual take time to deliver info 'cause it takes longer for them to process everything. Having your video go a bit longer to give more time for the information may help with younger viewers.

As for the gorilla, the design wasn't overly scary be itself, but the music cues may make it a bit much for kids. But when the little brother backup came in was great.

Good job. I'm envious of you skills. lol
Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it.
I know pacing for kids videos is a lot slower, I've seen some of the content out there now and its a lot of bells and whistles and bings that keep the interest. I think I see them through adult eyes and I just can't hand on how long they are. I guess I need to step out of myself and shoot video with slower pacing... I'm editing this for my peers when I should be cutting it for kids.

Yeah the mic wasn't positioned well, I actually don't have a mic. Its all internal. My kids are "one take charlies" too, so I did the best I could. Green screen work was a little better this time around. The sun came into our living room much more even. Had a friend who got a drone, and I asked him for a favor so we just ran through this and got the shots.

I think you are right about the music cues... it may be a bit too much and adds to the scary bits. The kids grandparents thought I could have made it less scary.

Thanks again! I really value your input and its been a long time since I've been back on.

OP
OP
TheHappyKidShow

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
It's great seeing you back here again! Your content is always fun to watch.

I think you captured a Robert Rodriguez "Spy Kids" kind of vibe with the effects. I don't think it would be overly scary to kids. It has that "we got the bad guy" feel that I think works with that audience.

Funny enough, I think the main issue I saw - or rather heard - was with some of the audio. Some of the voice wasn't as clear as it could be. I suspect that was from the kids turning away from the mic.

I liked it. Your creativity is great!

Thanks for your feedback! Its been a crazy few months and I had suffered some loss this November. So I havent been too invested in creating anything. But around Christmas time I got back on the saddle and made this with the kids. Yeah... very Spy Kids influenced! :) I was aiming for that get the bad guy feel. The mic wasn't placed well (its internal to the camera). No funds yet to purchase lavs or external.

Thanks again, its been a while since I've been on here and this was my first video since October.

All the best!