• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Question If everyone has perfect SEO, would no one?

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
One of those thoughts that come to mind when trying to fall asleep. If everyone is crafting their videos with perfect SEO, would that negate the SEO?

and-when-everyones-super-no-one-will-be.jpg

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have questioned this myself, but in my opinion (will need some confirmation on this thought) there's more to SEO and ranking than the SEO it'self. You can craft "perfect" SEO, but then it will be your thumbnail, topic and video it'self that will determine how it ranks long term. SEO ranking simply shows how high up the video will be presented, but that's before it's actually clicked, the thumbnail and topic etc will bring the actual clicks. The SEO will bring the impressions and those impressions bring the OPPORTUNITY for clicks. So in my opinion, even if two channels have the exact same perfect SEO for a video, the history of both channels, the reputation, the thumbnails and topics etc will still be different which will make the "perfection" of the SEO different.

I may be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
I've thought about this and... yeah, the more people who are equipped to do SEO, the more difficulty in mastering it! That said, there's something to be said about the value of good content. I hope I at least provide that!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Fun question, but the answer is "not necessarily". And that's because the other elements that go into getting a video promoted in search and discovery (e.g., AVD, AR, CTR, niche) would still provide for variances. I suspect that Thumbnail/CTR would start to become a real science (not that it isn't) since standing out against other videos would become even more important to get that small edge.