• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Dakason Ring Light With Stand

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Does anyone have the Dakason Ring Light with stand? If so, what are your thoughts on it? Did you have any good or bad experiences with it?
Jessica

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am unfamiliar with that brand but I have a no name ring light, I got for $12. It is great! The USB power connection means I can use my PC or a battery pack (super portable).

Looks like this:
619tz5gIm5L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Starting to think I overpaid for mine. But mine has two dials on the side that let me fine tune the light levels.
I was thinking when it comes to ring lights... how long does the bulbs of the ring light last? how easy are they to replace? and if you can't replace them... that's a cost factor to consider. I assume all ring lights are more or less the same. The main thing is how powerful and bright the light is and how much control you get over the light. Mine goes from very soft light to very bright via a dial, so I have a lot more control than 3 settings.
ring light.PNG

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Starting to think I overpaid for mine. But mine has two dials on the side that let me fine tune the light levels.
I was thinking when it comes to ring lights... how long does the bulbs of the ring light last? how easy are they to replace? and if you can't replace them... that's a cost factor to consider. I assume all ring lights are more or less the same. The main thing is how powerful and bright the light is and how much control you get over the light. Mine goes from very soft light to very bright via a dial, so I have a lot more control than 3 settings.
View attachment 8695
The type of LEDs they typically use in ring lights aren't "user replaceable" but are typically just standard LED strips.

LEDs lifespan isn't measured the way that light bulbs are measured. You will mostly hear "around 50000 hours" but that is a bit of a cheat. I have old original Philips Hue bulbs that have been in daily service for over 10 years now and some LED spots that lasted 4 years. Strips tend to have lifespans all over the board because of manufacturing quality issues.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
ring lights are for starters i think. Must be there are some good accessories for best lighting
Ring light have a purpose. They cast an even light around a subject and give an even "video quality" look. They have been around for a very long time and are standard in macro photography.

While many beginners use them because of cost, they are not for starters...