• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Tech Video: PC Build in a Small Case

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Alright folks, this is my 3rd YouTube video to date. If you've been following my videos, I cleaned up the desk mounted camera a bit, and reduced the saturation of the RGB splash behind me in the video. Happy to receive any feedback!

View: https://youtu.be/87Zoc2VP2lk

For those curious, this is all edited in the free version of Davinci Resolve. I've seen more than a few threads on this forum asking about which editing software to use. Here's a sample result with Davinci Resolve.

Also the two voice over bits were recorded directly in Davinci Resolve Fairlight (the audio page in resolve) from my Rodecaster Pro audio mixer and a Shure SM7B mic which you can see in frame throughout my videos. The graphics during those voiceover bits were done in Davinci Resolve Fusion (the VFX page in resolve). So this video shows off a few little things I learned about video editing this week!!

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I liked it! I really like that NR200. I did a review on the NR400 and really enjoyed building in that case. They are completely different other than the NR name lol. Some things you could change, maybe: Just skip to the tests after you state you're gonna do them. No need to show you reversed the fan or anything like that. I did like seeing the cinebench and graphs having said that, but you could just kinda show that as b-roll while you narrated the different results. Additionally, since you're using that case, would and I think that in a way became the focus of the video, having some thoughts on building in it would be useful to those looking to possibly build in it. I know the video is more of a vlog style update rather than product oriented video but it could more or less be both. For instance I loathe the USB 3.0 cable in cases and noticed in the NR200 it's flat ribbon style which is awesome and less intrusive. I also love the modularity of the NR200 which you showed. If ITX builds weren't so costly, I'd totally build one lol. Def gonna give that snowman a try. I think Tech Yes City has mentioned it.

I def like the multi-camera layout. I don't have the space unfortunately to do that. When you're filming do you just turn one one when you want it, have both filming constantly, or something in between? I think having both might be time consuming during the editing phase when you are going to look for the footage you want to use.

Overall, great job for your 3rd video.

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Also, was just looking at your description and 2 things:
Put links to the case and the cpu cooler, or at least name the cooler.

Secondly, how did you make things bold for text? Does the description allow for bold and italics text now? Thanks!

OP
OP
BensTechLab

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for your feedback @MiddleofKnowhere! I'm still learning what people like and I appreciate the comments regarding the "flow" of the video. It's amazing how much you don't notice that stuff as an average viewer, but then once you start editing videos you realize how much you need to cut out fluff and get to the point. The recording for this video was near 3 hours long, cut down to this length and there is still room to trim it up!

As for my layout, I have a "Black Magic Atem Mini Pro ISO" video switcher/recorder. It accepts 4 HDMI inputs, 2 aux audio inputs and has one HDMI output, and can record all 4 channels simultaneously to an external Samsung T5 SSD. It even sets up a Davinci Resolve project file for you with all 4 camera angles sync'd up! Oh and one "camera angle" could be a computer HDMI out. So then you just cut between the cameras as desired. It is a pretty neat piece of kit, not strictly "necessary" but can save time for sure. It does not support 4k though for those who care.

For the YouTube descriptions, there is no new features from YouTube. I'm just using extended character sets - glad someone noticed! I was wondering if anyone even looked at the descriptions. Take a look at this online tool.

I'm going to do another NR200 video next week with a round-up of SFX/SFX-L power supplies. I will try to comment more about the products themselves and what its like working with each product. I'll think on that feedback a bit before I start recording...

Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere