• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

New video, final PC build of the year! :)

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Gave you a full watch and a like. Nice vid. You will definitely appreciate a decent tower cooler upgrade when you are able. Should be able to knock that 93C down to the mid-50s with a good BeQuiet! cooler or Noctua Cooler. And with the theme of the build - you should totally go for a black cooler! (BeQuiet! or Noctua "chromax.black" editions)

01:25 - 01:44 - B-roll works SO GOOD while you are just "rambling" about parts selection. Do more b-roll when reviewing the parts list!! And I should learn from my own advice. I currently have basically zero b-roll in my own vids. :p As I started studying my own watch time analytics I'm noticing where I sometimes ramble for a few minutes without any b-roll and viewers will drop off.

7:30 - Build sequence was good, music fine by me. Enjoyed it.

11:45 - quad split was kind fun - maybe a bit too long, could've cut that shorter by cutting out the middle of this process. In particular by rotating the clips or change the cuts you may not even notice that the sequence was shortened. But no-one wants to watch cable management for more than like 10-15 seconds max, IMHO.

13:10 - conclusions was quite long, I wonder what percentage of your views will make it through this? Also the video kind of crossed over between a "build video" and a "review video". I'd almost move a few of those thoughts into their own video when reviewing that specific case or specific power supply. People watching a build video are mostly getting general "inspiration" or just relaxing at the end of the day. They may not have your exact components personally. However, people searching for that specific case or searching that specific power supply will appreciate the deeper thoughts around those items in a review video of those items. All IMHO of course. Your analytics will validate or invalidate these thoughts! You can always link from a build video to component review videos too - good strategy for the channel.

• Love
Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere
OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for the feedback. Yeah I know this is a super long vid. I'm prob gonna start splitting them into 2: part 1 where I go over the parts and then part 2 where I do the build montage and reaction/benchmarks.

OP
OP
MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I need to rebuild my computer.
This wasn't even mine. Ended up selling it to a guy who had a laptop with a GTX 1070. He was happy as all hell. Texted him later to see how it was and he had it booted and said it was amazing. :)