• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Who inspires you in editing.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not a fan of editing, it's a necessary evil as far as I'm concerned, but I do enjoy watching other people's editing, and actually find the editors of some channels more interesting than the creator themselves, with exception of JackSepticEye and Pixel Pit (robin) who have an amazing collaboration dynamic.
I've always enjoyed Brad Woto's style (editor for PewDiePie in the past)

So I guess, to keep me in the editing mindset... who inspires you in terms of editing, and who do you go to for inspiration, or who do you try to emulate or study and learn from?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think the book to read on the subject is Walter Murch's "In the Blink of an Eye". Realize it is about editing for cinema, but the insights are really important to any work.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I love the editing process, I just wish I were better at it. Niki posted here for a while and I follow his channel: Niki Proshin ┬╖ Low Cost Travel. I try to get inspiration from him, but when it comes time to edit - I just do not have the eye he has. We are in the same genre and his editing is light years ahead of mine... bummer... ha ha