• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Should I upload many videos at once?

utkarsh858

Hi, Guys I have recently started a channel, with now having around 400 subscribers. So situation is that I have got a lot of videos in stock ready to be uploaded. It is generally advised to upload consistently with fixed dates. But I wanted to post most of the videos at once to get maximum outreach and then start uploading videos consistently.

So you do you think there is any con in that?

Any advice/comment/suggestions are welcome!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You definitely DON'T want to upload them all at the same time (in my opinion, and this opinion is based on witnessing channels that have done this, and also other people's advice)
Generally speaking you want to allow each video to breath a bit. You CAN do daily if you really want, but these days it seems the generally accepted "rule" is 2-3 videos a week. If you publish too many videos, the videos will cannibalize each other. YouTube only sends out 3 notifications per channel per day according to Creator Insider, so any more than this, people won't even get a notification for. And if a channel I follow published 5-10 videos in a day, I'd be wondering if they're trying to spam me, and I'd unsubscribe very quickly because TOO much content is too annoying.

Depending on how many videos you have, instead of "wasting" them all on one day, why not spread them out over several weeks so you have some nice consistency, and batched content ready to go if for some reason life gets in the way, and you're unable to upload after that.

I'd personally space it out and let batched content work for you over weeks.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is not a hard rule, but think of number of videos and release dates like this:
  • Videos 1-20 - just get them uploaded
  • Videos 21-50 - somewhere in here you should have figured out your niche and narrowed your focus down. You're starting to have a "persona". Your audience is probably starting to want consistency on release days and times. But you can get away without having that locked down.
  • Videos 51-100 - You have refined your niche, you have a style, you have a persona. Your audience is expecting consistency now so sticking with a day and time is a good thing. The day and tme you release should now be in your channel banner
  • Videos 100-500 - Your audience expects consistency across niche, style, persona and release. Switch to focusing hard on audience retention and increasing average view duration.
  • Videos 500+ - You will realize what you thought you knew about niche, style, persona and release was wrong and you will adjust...
Are these rules? No. Do they apply to every niche? No - gaming channels, for example, would be different in the numbers.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would absolutely not dump them out all at once... that is going to simply get them buried. Your audience is not going to go through and watch a bunch of videos all at once like that. But you do need to build a library. I suggest doubling down on your content schedule for a few weeks; post them every 2-3 days until you get to the point where your schedule balances out.

Reactions: utkarsh858

Benny1985

Ikerot is totally correct. Why dump them, ensuring they will never get watched, when you could just schedule them?

Start with 1 a week on a schedule for a month. Maybe even 2. Same day/time.

Filled up that entire month or two with videos? Then pick a 2nd day of the week opposite of the first. Fill it with more videos. Then you've reduced your backlog by 8-16 videos.

Still have more videos done to post? Pick a 3rd block in between them, at least 2 days away (there should be 1 more block for this within a given week so the videos are on a 2-2-3 format, or something like that for releases). Like Ikerot said, it seems like 2-3 a week is good at most. If you fill it all up, then just wait and see how the next month or two go. Better yet, get the videos scheduled and tinker with the SEO/titles/thumbnails/ect. Don't just invest in the video quality, invest in all the other stuff around the video!

Reactions: Damon

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
This is not a hard rule, but think of number of videos and release dates like this:
  • Videos 1-20 - just get them uploaded
  • Videos 21-50 - somewhere in here you should have figured out your niche and narrowed your focus down. You're starting to have a "persona". Your audience is probably starting to want consistency on release days and times. But you can get away without having that locked down.
  • Videos 51-100 - You have refined your niche, you have a style, you have a persona. Your audience is expecting consistency now so sticking with a day and time is a good thing. The day and tme you release should now be in your channel banner
  • Videos 100-500 - Your audience expects consistency across niche, style, persona and release. Switch to focusing hard on audience retention and increasing average view duration.
  • Videos 500+ - You will realize what you thought you knew about niche, style, persona and release was wrong and you will adjust...
Are these rules? No. Do they apply to every niche? No - gaming channels, for example, would be different in the numbers.

Omg I love this message! This has made me feel more motivated. You are so right about just getting the first ones up and then starting to focus on other things. You give the best advice!

Hey,

If I were you, I'd just upload one at a time. Doing it all at once just seems too much and people might flick through videos if there's 2 to choose from. Just leave one for them to want to watch as its brand new and let them focus on that one, then hit them with another video. Good Luck

MrGoodhand

Upload them all, simply release one a day, or a week, or whatever. Mark the videos as "Unlisted" and simply change them to Public when its time for a release.

This allows you to give Patreons/paid supporters/good friends early access to the videos for "Priority commenting". When you are ready to release to the Patreon supporters, simply link into your discord or whatever you use, and ask for opinions etc. Keep the rest a secret until it's time to launch it on schedule.

piyaa

Hi, Guys I have recently started a channel, with now having around 400 subscribers. So situation is that I have got a lot of videos in stock ready to be uploaded. It is generally advised to upload consistently with fixed dates. But I wanted to post most of the videos at once to get maximum outreach and then start uploading ome tv videos consistently.

So you do you think there is any con in that?

Any advice/comment/suggestions are welcome!

Yes, you can upload it without getting any issues.
But if you will upload it with a specific time duration then you may get more watch time and you can easily get user attention to your channel.

amisclinic

Known Member
Uploading can be done all at one. Publishing is recommended in a scheduled manner which will benefit your channel and when you are maximum viewers available online.

VicAdex

I ahve learnt so much in this thread. I have been working with once a week and thinking about twice a week from March. What do you think about doing a 2 week-long series? e.g. 14 love poems from Feb 1-14

grekk

Why publish them all at once when you can schedule them? If you do publish them all, then your videos are essentially competing with each other instead of only competing with other people's videos. omegle tv cps test
This allows you to offer top users/paying backers/friends early access to movies for "priority review". When you're armed with Patreon backers to launch, be sure to link to your discord or what you're using, and ask for reviews, etc. Keep the rest hidden until you launch it on schedule.

Last edited: