• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Hello Again & #shorts

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hi

I feel I should introduce myself again as due to ill health I have been away from the forum for several months.

I have however kept producing videos and dabbling with #shorts, producing one very week and last week's has finally gained some traction with 12.7k views. Happy to discuss the formula to help others.

Liz

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Hey Liz, welcome back and I hope you are well. It is good (virtually) seeing you here again!

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Good to see you back here :) Always nice to see familiar faces :)

Apparently the shorts shelf should be available to more people, but I still don't have access to it on my android in Australia, so I haven't really seen any shorts yet.

That said, my strategy for shorts is going to basically be a quick 1-minute video explaining some of my favorite art tools and a quick example of how I use them. Doing a "review" on art tools seems counterintuitive in some regards for a regular video, but having a short 1-minute video on different art techniques, and different art materials sounds like it could be a winner for me.

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
That said, my strategy for shorts is going to basically be a quick 1-minute video explaining some of my favorite art tools and a quick example of how I use them. Doing a "review" on art tools seems counterintuitive in some regards for a regular video, but having a short 1-minute video on different art techniques, and different art materials sounds like it could be a winner for me.
I think that given your subscriber base, that strategy will work well for you, both for your subscribers and I guess ease of production.

For us folk lower down the audience building hill, shorts are a great opportunity to be in front of a much bigger crowd, so any short must be attention grabbing as well as a hook to make the audience want to subscribe to your niche. My best short to date was actually very poor production, but had that attention grabbing quality.

Henry Wang

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi, Liz. Nowadays COVID is really serious. Please take care of yourself. Also, all of us need to pay attention to our health. Keep safe and have a nice day.

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi

I feel I should introduce myself again as due to ill health I have been away from the forum for several months.

I have however kept producing videos and dabbling with #shorts, producing one very week and last week's has finally gained some traction with 12.7k views. Happy to discuss the formula to help others.

Liz
Welcome back, be careful out there, that killer virus is still lurking around! But itΓÇÖs good to see you back!

As for shorts, I use them occasionally to showcase some work, use as a teaser of up and coming videos, and get a quick message out there. Ok I still havenΓÇÖt seen anything go above 1000 views, but it doesnΓÇÖt bother me, I enjoy uploading regular videos and shorts :blush:

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
welcome back! I hope you are doing better, and continue to improve and stay well (this goes for everyone, not just you).

For my experience with shorts, I've been experimenting with them recently because the game I have been making videos to is temporarily closed due to it having to be transferred from Flash to html5 in order to be played. So that explains my sorta random content recently with the shorts videos. I've had a few hit 300-500 views but that then they have just flattened out after the view spike, and the others have less than that. Shorts are fun and quick to make though.

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hope you've been recovering well!

It's good you jumped on the shorts train early to try and experiment.