• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnails Considerations

marcellasmind

Subscriber Goal
Must be high quality, readable when you look at it zoom out (like a mobile size), often they people say that it is good to have your face on thumbnail

NeggiHorrorParty

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hey There,

I think having a thumbnail with eye catching but non-clashing colors would be nice to. Like a bright yellow/orange though you can have a thumbnail without any text on it if it conveys enough from what Im noticing.

• Love
Reactions: Maitisubrata

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, it's more of an art than a science, but if you look around on YouTube, take note of what makes YOU click.

Some things to consider:
Is the thumbnail easy to see on a mobile device?
Is the text readable or does it clash with the background?
Make sure photos are taken with lighting in front of the subject instead of behind.

Killam90

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, it's more of an art than a science, but if you look around on YouTube, take note of what makes YOU click.

Some things to consider:
Is the thumbnail easy to see on a mobile device?
Is the text readable or does it clash with the background?
Make sure photos are taken with lighting in front of the subject instead of behind.

Thanks so much for the advice. I thought is was more art. I just am not good at art lol.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much for the advice. I thought is was more art. I just am not good at art lol.
I'm awful at art. I just keep editing and editing my thumbnails and using A/B testing on TubeBuddy to boost the CTR. That way I can force some science into the art. :p

Killam90

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm awful at art. I just keep editing and editing my thumbnails and using A/B testing on TubeBuddy to boost the CTR. That way I can force some science into the art. :p

Good point. Thanks for the advice.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Do some research on "The Design Principles"

They will give you the beginning understanding of colour theory, composition, heirachy, balance, good use of typography.

Thumbnail design works differently to other forms of design, but the basic design principles are still there. I'd watch some videos from "Little Monster Co" they do lots of thumbnail based videos and analysis.