• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Resources Growth Tracking Templates

schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong forum. I debated a couple.

But hello everyone. New YTer here. Been wanting to do it for years, but have always made excuses of "too busy." And of course now that I'm legit more busy with work projects than I have ever been I finally posted a video (terrible video quality I know) last week.

Had a question/possible request for everyone.

I'm a huge fan of tracking progress and measuring numbers. I do it for all of my brands and businesses. But I don't know why I didn't think of this before.
Does anyone happen to have like an Excel or Google Sheet that they used to create a template for tracking their channels and feel like sharing it?

In return I'm prepared to give you 2, possibly 3, terrible dad jokes. Seriously though, if someone has something I would really appreciate using it. Thanks guys!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Here is my advice. Start by really learning the analytics tool built into YouTube. It is by far one of the best tools out there. You should ignore most everything except for Audience Retention, Average View Duration and Click Through Rate. Although external sources are a good way to see which social media posts are driving you traffic.

Pay special attention to "Key moments for audience retention" and try and understand why people stop watching your video or why you get a big drop and try and address it.

Once you've got those ticking well, then you can expand into other metrics. If you want to really geek out, plumb Google Analytics into your channel to get even more analytics data.