• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Business Channel Pleasure to be here. Looking forward to being a sponge for weeks.

schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: schoolofselfmade
Title of introduction: Pleasure to be here. Looking forward to being a sponge for weeks.
Your name/ Alias: KD
Where are you from? Pittsburgh PA
How did you find TubeBuddy? Podcast. Not sure which one.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I'm one of those people who want to learn as much as they can on new projects they start.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: End goal: Educate 1000 people a year on how to make a full time living working from home and being their own boss.

Short term goal: Spread some awareness. Learn how to become a successful YouTube creator.
How frequently do you upload? weekly. No set schedule yet.
What are your hobbies? I'm a weekend dad, so I get my son every other weekend. When he's around I put the phone and computer away.
But when he's with his mother I typically work 16-18 hour days. Some times pulling all nighters like I'm back in college.
I enjoy cooking, some video games, acting, movies, reading, and education on business. Recently engaged, so that'll be new.
What is your biggest dream? My son has Down Syndrome. My biggest goal or dream in life is to be able to create a financial security that will allow him to live as independently as he would like when he's older.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrzTtITh_mkJnwuiAfvZuaQ

• Wow
Reactions: voteforthegirls

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Welcome! There are some common questions we see from people who just joined the forum.

How do I get access to the Promotion board and how do I ask for YouTube Feedback? You can learn more about the requirements here:

A lot of the same questions come up frequently (how do I grow? how do I get subs?) and many of those answers are pinned at the top of each board. You can also search the forums using the search box at the top of the screen.

OP
OP
schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade.com
Subscriber Goal
Welcome! There are some common questions we see from people who just joined the forum.

How do I get access to the Promotion board and how do I ask for YouTube Feedback? You can learn more about the requirements here:

A lot of the same questions come up frequently (how do I grow? how do I get subs?) and many of those answers are pinned at the top of each board. You can also search the forums using the search box at the top of the screen.

Definitely appreciate the heads up. I might be a little different though. Not sure if it's good or bad. But before I start a new project like this, I'm pretty anal about researching everything first. That way I avoid sounding like a complete idiot and instead just a partial one lol.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @schoolofselfmade, welcome to our community. That's an amazing name. And I love your dedication to your son. I can only hope to be able to help my kid's futures as well. :)

Please remember to read our Forum Rules and the rules for each section to ensure a better experience.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the TubeBuddy forum! You have excellent goals... my only concern is where you said 16-18 hour days! :neutral: Don't do that - at least not for long. Having "been there done that" it catches up with you and can affect your health for the rest of your life. Make sure you get a reasonable amount of sleep and exercise so you can keep going for years!

I've heard lots of YouTube "gurus" say YouTube is a marathon not a sprint. You need to figure out a sustainable schedule/habit/cycle that you can keep up for the long haul. :)