• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life Summer Christmas or Winter Christmas

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So yeah, which one do you prefer? Me, well, being from lil NZ we OBVIOUSLY donΓÇÖt get a snowy Christmas, and never will, which means we got to have a very summery Christmas, where you slam on the jandals (or thongs, or flip flops), crack open a cold beer, fire up the bbq, and lap up every sun ray to be found, head for the beach and bathe in the sand and waves and go crazy all evening at beach parties, and then thereΓÇÖs of course the fighting over who gets to have the fan, burning hands on car doors and the door handle and the seatbelt (occasionally it tortured the inner thigh and burnt a lasting memory), and struggling to hold the steering wheel, then there were those sleepless nights because the air conditioning either failed to work or worked but hissed and chitter chattered and squeaked, just a small story of a typical summer Christmas, well, from my own upbringing.

And then thereΓÇÖs the winter and snowy Christmas, something I canΓÇÖt describe as IΓÇÖve never experienced one, but it looks so lovely and cozy.

So which one do you prefer?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I lived in Hawaii for 4 years. I didn't mind the summer Christmas, but my girls were very young then (1 & 3) and I hated that we couldn't get real trees or good fake trees. Then as the kids grew up I liked the winter Christmas, mostly because that's the "post card" Christmas. As soon as I was an empty-nester, we stopped celebrating Christmas and instead went to the Caribbean every year instead.

This year we have my nieces living with us. So we had to do the old-school traditional Christmas this year, but live in the Sonoran Desert in Arizona. So this will be neither a summer Christmas (highs will only be 20C) or a Winter Christmas (lows wil only be 10C). But between us, I would rather be having my non-Christmas in the Caribbean.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I lived in Hawaii for 4 years. I didn't mind the summer Christmas, but my girls were very young then (1 & 3) and I hated that we couldn't get real trees or good fake trees. Then as the kids grew up I liked the winter Christmas, mostly because that's the "post card" Christmas. As soon as I was an empty-nester, we stopped celebrating Christmas and instead went to the Caribbean every year instead.

This year we have my nieces living with us. So we had to do the old-school traditional Christmas this year, but live in the Sonoran Desert in Arizona. So this will be neither a summer Christmas (highs will only be 20C) or a Winter Christmas (lows wil only be 10C). But between us, I would rather be having my non-Christmas in the Caribbean.

Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day

:laughing:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well, Puerto Rico is the closest I've come to a summer Christmas and even there it gets pretty cold at night from time to time. I'm in Orlando at the moment and so far we have hit the 40s F a few times already so Florida is not a summer Christmas place. Not sure why any birds fly here for the winter. LOL.

I don't do well in hot weather so I would prefer a winter Christmas. I was, after all, born in New Jersey, in January, during a snow storm so cold is in my blood. I sleep with a fan and the AC at 70 minimum no matter the time of year or location. Living in Puerto Rico was a nightmare to me because of the constant heat and AC being more of a luxury there than common.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I've never had a summer Christmas before. I've had Christmases where it was maybe 70F when I lived in Alabama, but I don't think I have had it much hotter than that around Christmas time. I prefer it to be cold on Christmas because that is what I'm used to and think it would be weird and not feel like Christmas if it was summer. I am also expecting snow on Christmas eve this year and this will make it the first time I have ever seen a white Christmas in my life (if it does anything). I know for sure though that it is going to be cold on Christmas for me because the low on Christmas day is 13F.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We had a very nice mild temperature this Christmas. Not too hot, not too cold, a nice comfortable 23-26 degrees celcius. It actually hasn't got supe hot yet this summer.

Never seen real snow before though. Closest I've seen is frost, and never during Christmas.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
In Texas we could have short sleeve or snowy christmas. I kind like the snow (because it is a rarity in Texas). In San Diego it was never cold, same in Honolulu. Now, in the Philippines it is either hot & rainy, or hot & typhoony. I prefer less typhoons...

This year was a white christmas... a White Beach christmas in Boracay ha ha. We have been on vacation since August. Kind of thinking we might go back home this month.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I live is Alabama, the southeastern, USA. We don't get either really. It's just a dreary, wet Christmas.
Growing up, I remember hoping for a white Christmas. I remember back in 1980 they thought we might have one, but the next morning it was little more than frost. My sister and I scraped it up and made a snowman that was probably 5" tall.

• Haha
Reactions: Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So yeah, which one do you prefer? Me, well, being from lil NZ we OBVIOUSLY donΓÇÖt get a snowy Christmas, and never will, which means we got to have a very summery Christmas, where you slam on the jandals (or thongs, or flip flops), crack open a cold beer, fire up the bbq, and lap up every sun ray to be found, head for the beach and bathe in the sand and waves and go crazy all evening at beach parties, and then thereΓÇÖs of course the fighting over who gets to have the fan, burning hands on car doors and the door handle and the seatbelt (occasionally it tortured the inner thigh and burnt a lasting memory), and struggling to hold the steering wheel, then there were those sleepless nights because the air conditioning either failed to work or worked but hissed and chitter chattered and squeaked, just a small story of a typical summer Christmas, well, from my own upbringing.

And then thereΓÇÖs the winter and snowy Christmas, something I canΓÇÖt describe as IΓÇÖve never experienced one, but it looks so lovely and cozy.

So which one do you prefer?

Being in LA it's just constant summer, slight rain, and HEAT haha

• Haha
Reactions: Damon