• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Video Review for Golf Every Shot Channel

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
User name: golfwithjohn
Title of thread: Video Review for Golf Every Shot Channel
Self review: I'm having trouble with drop off rates. People are watching and clicking on the thumbnails so I think they're interested but I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Maybe the pace is too slow? I can condense the length a bit. I personally like the intro on these vlogs as it gives a good segway and background on the course. I want to continue, but I've seen and heard people want to see the content as soon as possible. Which makes me think I should just cut it off. Last piece was 5 min or under. Without any intro / extro I can get it below 5 min but I feel there's value.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKx3K4CmsE&list=PLSVFScyxtV8n_5XH1XBb2ajGwPv51ZZD5

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/35468/

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
OK, this is going to sounds weird, but the quality of the intro isn't as high as the quality of the actual golf play. You look dark and sound a bit tinny in the intro.

I might try opening with the actual play (that's what people are clicking for) and then do an intro. No need to invest in lots of stuff. Film the intro on the course, not in the house. I also feel that the graphic could be improved. How about overlaying the data on the actual video of the shots?

Honestly, the rest is solid. Nice job with the graphic overlay.

Reactions: golfwithjohn
OP
OP
golfwithjohn

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
The quality of the intro isn't as high as the quality of the actual golf play. I might try opening with the actual play (that's what people are clicking for) and then do an intro.

This is a very helpful. I appreciate the feedback. Do you find the intro necessary to give you some background info on the course?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
This is a very helpful. I appreciate the feedback. Do you find the intro necessary to give you some background info on the course?
I think context is key. Consider doing shorter intros on the course before each section over one long intro. But again, it is less the intro itself as the combining of bright footage with quality graphics and an intro that is dark and has lower sound quality. Think of it this way - someone may tune out during the intro and miss the nice play shots. Check your retention analytics.

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I watched your video and I totally forgot what you said in the intro. I also liked your main part of the video more than the intro. Maybe you can do a short intro at the course where you play. The intro has a "sad" vibe (it is really dark) in comparison to the main part, which has higher pace and faster music.

Green Camera

youtu.be
Hello,

Your channel has potential. I don't know anything about golf, as well as a lot of people.

First I don't like the music, I think it would be better without it and only real sounds can be heard.

I think it would be good, for example, before you hit the ball, to briefly explain which stick you use, what momentum, speed....
Look at an audience that knows nothing about it, I like the display of the trajectory of the ball you are putting.
And try shooting from multiple frames and mixing it up

Note, This is just my opinion and I just started with yt
:)