• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Is this watchable?

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: minusthirtyfilms
Title of thread: Is this watchable?
Self review: This is my first video done during my cities code red restirctions. It means I don't have access to my usual gear and support. I can keep making videos, but the quality will lack. I really enjoy this video, but I don't know if anyone else will. Should I wait till I have access to gear again, or keep goign forward with my limited resources? Also, I really enjoy these, and they reflect my personality, but I'm not sure if anyone else will. Any feedback regarding the content would be greatly appreciated too.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/sOZSjD7N79c

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/35848/post-111723

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Overall, very solid. The production quality is high and you can tell you have a lot of experience there.

Here are my thoughts. First, it takes a bit long to get to the point. The beginning almost feels like a channel trailer for why you are doing these videos more than an intro for this vid. You use chapters, so people may skip over the first part. It will be important to watch you analytics, specifically the key moments to understand your audience retention.

I watch a ton of food and cooking videos. I find it helpful to see the ingredients listed on the screen. I know in this case they are very simple, but I think the list reinforces that point and gives people a screen to pause on if they want to grab stuff to follow along. I know you run it at the end, but in-line with the content may be a bit more effective.

To the list at the end, I think it is so long that people will tune out before the end card. That is a missed opportunity to get people to the next video or redirect them to a different video.

Overall, good and high-quality. I think you need a bit of tightening. This is where YouTube is a bit different from broadcast. Getting people to stay engaged and continue with your other videos is what you are looking to drive.

Reactions: minusthirtyfilms

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Man this is really well done! I suggest owning this; make an entire playlist of content where you are cooking at home. It provides a more personal, engaging experience for the viewer. Of course you need to be mindful of your analytics, I could be totally wrong. But I think it is not only a solid solution to the quarantine issue but an easy way to suppliment your content and create a slightly more at home, organic style video to change up the pace from time to time.

Reactions: minusthirtyfilms
OP
OP
minusthirtyfilms

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
Overall, very solid. The production quality is high and you can tell you have a lot of experience there.

Here are my thoughts. First, it takes a bit long to get to the point. The beginning almost feels like a channel trailer for why you are doing these videos more than an intro for this vid. You use chapters, so people may skip over the first part. It will be important to watch you analytics, specifically the key moments to understand your audience retention.

I watch a ton of food and cooking videos. I find it helpful to see the ingredients listed on the screen. I know in this case they are very simple, but I think the list reinforces that point and gives people a screen to pause on if they want to grab stuff to follow along. I know you run it at the end, but in-line with the content may be a bit more effective.

To the list at the end, I think it is so long that people will tune out before the end card. That is a missed opportunity to get people to the next video or redirect them to a different video.

Overall, good and high-quality. I think you need a bit of tightening. This is where YouTube is a bit different from broadcast. Getting people to stay engaged and continue with your other videos is what you are looking to drive.

Thanks for the feedback. I will definitely continue with labeling ingredients, and will totally adjust when my end cards appear and how they interact with what's on screen. I will also follow up on the analytics over the course of a few more vids to see how the opening plays out.

OP
OP
minusthirtyfilms

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
Man this is really well done! I suggest owning this; make an entire playlist of content where you are cooking at home. It provides a more personal, engaging experience for the viewer. Of course you need to be mindful of your analytics, I could be totally wrong. But I think it is not only a solid solution to the quarantine issue but an easy way to suppliment your content and create a slightly more at home, organic style video to change up the pace from time to time.

Much appreciated! The videos started out as a cooking satire, but I realize the joke runs it's course pretty quickly. The last three videos are still having fun, but shifted to more of an actual "how to cook..." series.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Much appreciated! The videos started out as a cooking satire, but I realize the joke runs it's course pretty quickly. The last three videos are still having fun, but shifted to more of an actual "how to cook..." series.
I don't suppose you are a fan of 'HowToBasic' are you?