• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined Batch change video license

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollinCajun

I'd like to see a batch license change feature if it's possible. I started a reaction channel and didn't really think about it till now that I should be using creative common license instead of standard and I have over 70 videos that need to be changed would be nice to have a change all videos license option where it batch changes all the license for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ltsrcktechies

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I agree that the tool would be fantastic so it gets my vote, but just so you know (you probably do, but just to confirm) using creative commons license instead of standard means people can use YOUR video in any way they want, not that you're using creative commons to create your content. Or at least that's my understanding.

Creative Commons licenses can only be used on 100% original content. If there's a Content ID claim on your video, you cannot mark your video with the Creative Commons license.

By marking your original video with a Creative Commons license, you're granting the entire YouTube community the right to reuse and edit that video.

So because creative commons licenses can only be used on 100% original content, you wouldn't qualify for using that on reaction videos because reaction videos in their nature are reacting to OTHER people's content which you wouldn't be permitted to license, you'd only be able to use if THEY have a Creative Commons license set.

But overall I do like the idea of being able to mass change that setting if people were to make the mistake of setting it wrong unintentionally manually.

OP
OP
RollinCajun

RollinCajun

Yeah I understand what the license is actually for but the issue is that you can't copyright someone else's copyright. If you use a standard license you are pretty much saying that your video has never been aired in any country and that it is YOUR content which is not true. I personally think that using a creative common license would be better at least then you allowing the content to be reused. It's not that hard to fight a copyright claim on fair use with a reaction video anyways. I've won about 15 disputes/appeals so far but for me to claim it as my own 100% content is honestly not fair. I feel if I use creative common license on that stuff that I'm doing the community a favor and not trying to claim something that isn't truly all mine. I always put the original artist name and the link to the video in my description of each reaction I do to make sure the original artist gets credit.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
It is already a feature in YouTube.

1.JPG
2.JPG

OP
OP
RollinCajun

RollinCajun

View attachment 8565View attachment 8566

Crap I was playing around last night and never even seen that. Not sure how I missed that thanks!

I agree that the tool would be fantastic so it gets my vote, but just so you know (you probably do, but just to confirm) using creative commons license instead of standard means people can use YOUR video in any way they want, not that you're using creative commons to create your content. Or at least that's my understanding.

So because creative commons licenses can only be used on 100% original content, you wouldn't qualify for using that on reaction videos because reaction videos in their nature are reacting to OTHER people's content which you wouldn't be permitted to license, you'd only be able to use if THEY have a Creative Commons license set.

But overall I do like the idea of being able to mass change that setting if people were to make the mistake of setting it wrong unintentionally manually.

Also sometimes people like to do reactions of other people's reactions. So reacting to a reactor. This licenses allows people to do that if they felt like it. I have no idea how to edit a previous post to add things to it I see no edit button anywhere so I'm typing another message.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 8565View attachment 8566
:eek:

Tim, if we ever run across each other in the real world I owe you the beverage of your choice...!

I have wanted this to fix the comment setting and actually requested it as a feature. It is funny how one gets so caught up in the TubeBuddy tools since they tend to be more useful than the built in tools that you forget there are built-in tools.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
How did you get to that menu? I didn't know YouTubehad any batch services other than sort and mark.
It is at the top of the video listings in Studio. It doesn't appear until you select at least 1 video.

Status
Not open for further replies.