• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question keywords in the basic info section

JANUSIR 1210

keywords in the basic info section
I have a hard time determining whether the keyword setting on YouTube channel basic info is changed every time I upload a new video on YouTube channel,thank you

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
keywords in the basic info section
I have a hard time determining whether the keyword setting on YouTube channel basic info is changed every time I upload a new video on YouTube channel,thank you

Ok so CHANNEL keywords apply to your OVERALL channel, not specific videos, and you can have as many channel tags as you want (if you have the option, it seems some don't)
channel tags.PNG

Upload defaults, are the tags that will be applied to any video you specify them for (you can edit them or change them on a per video level, but like in my example here, you can see I've highlighted that I use "beanie draws" as a tag for every video. When you upload a video, these settings will be automatically added to the video for you to adjust with each video, so you can add extra tags later when you upload individual videos. Hope that makes sense.
video tags 2.PNG

Just remember though, without tubebuddy installed on your desktop browser, you only get one upload default, but with tubebuddy installed ;) you get a few options, especially good if you do a lot of livestream and video uploads of differanting styles. So I have a few upload defaults thanks to TubeBuddy :)

Screenshot (5819).png

So yeah, if you have upload defaults, they apply to any NEW video you upload that you have upload defaults set to (they don't retroactively apply to older videos)

And knowing the differance between upload default tags, and channel tags, is important because they're two different things.