• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review I would greatly appreciate some feedback/constructive criticism

willy2232

User name: willy2232
Title of thread: I would greatly appreciate some feedback/constructive criticism
Self review: I recently decided overall my content in the hopes that it would be more engaging, I wish i could provide a detailed review of my content but i find i have too much of a bias to it. Some things I do know I need to work on are my editing skills, and the way i write my scripts for my videos. I would greatly appreciate feedback on how i can make my content more engaging, if you have the time to check out my latest video than please do.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/s9Qb7BijvFQ

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25234/

Chlo with the flow

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I love the video the editing is great i would make the person your talking to a bit more easy to see and also i would add time stamps at the bottom! Overall love the video!

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey,

Full disclosure, I know nothing of minecraft or of any of the people talked about in the video. So I'll only give my humble opinion on the video production/editing itself.

Overall once you get into the main subject it moves along quite well. However, I think it takes too long for the hook, and the opening ~60 secs by my count, on an almost 8min video. I'd try it get that all in much faster.

Although your points are clear, I'd actually raise your voice level a bit higher against the music. Have it more or less the same as the clips you use.

Lastly, maybe 'cause I'm old, I'd stop with the flicker effect/movement of your insert pictures. But maybe that's needed for younger viewers.

Overall it was interesting to learn (even if the subject was disturbing) about some Minecraft going ons.

Those are my thoughts. Take 'em or leave them. I'm not your boss. Lol.

OP
OP
willy2232

willy2232

Hey,

Full disclosure, I know nothing of minecraft or of any of the people talked about in the video. So I'll only give my humble opinion on the video production/editing itself.

Overall once you get into the main subject it moves along quite well. However, I think it takes too long for the hook, and the opening ~60 secs by my count, on an almost 8min video. I'd try it get that all in much faster.

Although your points are clear, I'd actually raise your voice level a bit higher against the music. Have it more or less the same as the clips you use.

Lastly, maybe 'cause I'm old, I'd stop with the flicker effect/movement of your insert pictures. But maybe that's needed for younger viewers.

Overall it was interesting to learn (even if the subject was disturbing) about some Minecraft going ons.

Those are my thoughts. Take 'em or leave them. I'm not your boss. Lol.
thanks so much for the feedback ill definitely implement your tips in my new videos

Will West

I would choose another thumbnail that pops more. The intro is good, high quality. The audio - hard to hear you. The voiceover is not expressive and audio levels are not loud enough to hear. Also, while intro was good, it could have been shorter and got straight to the point quicker.

OP
OP
willy2232

willy2232

Thanks for the advice, what do you mean by the voice over not being impressive tho? like the way i talk or just the audio levels