• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Tech Video: My First YouTube Video!

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Happy Thursday!

Well it seems to have taken longer than I figured to get the YouTube ball rolling… I've been paying for TubeBuddy for months!! Ha, ha. But I’ve finally published my first YouTube video!

If you are into computer tech, you might enjoy this. IΓÇÖm a software architect by day and am currently learning Kubernetes. IΓÇÖm going to build a few cheap homelab servers with used Xeon processors off ebay.

View: https://youtu.be/k64tGLoDIZc

Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere
OP
OP
BensTechLab

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Great video. Look forward to more of your posts and seeing what you do with this.
Thanks! I took a quick peek at your channel and latest video as well. Looks like we share some things in common (not just video topics).

I took a look through your list of gear you use listed on your latest video description. I too am filming with Sony a6400 and Deity VMic D3 Pro!

The only area I may have a leg up is on my A-cam lens. You can totally see in my video the superiority of the A-cam which has a Sony 16-55m f2.8 gmaster lens (SEL1655g). I'm totally eyeing up a second one of these lenses now that I see how nice that a-cam shot came out - but that lens is rather pricey when starting out.

The exposure on your B550 motherboard video was a bit off on some of the motherboard shots like 03:16. You need to either add light or reduce f-stop (might need better lens) or both.

Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That is a great lens! Yeah I mostly use the Sigma 16mm 1.4. It's great for the wide shots and let's me get in close too. I have the Sony 35mm but honestly have not used it as much. Not sure why people are so enamored with a nifty 50 anymore to be honest. I found 35mm is too close to things at times. Maybe when I do another build I'll try the 35 for experimentation. But yes I'd love that gmaster lens. I'd really love a range lens with constant aperture that also can go as low as 1.8, those seem to be harder to find as sony tends to stick to 2.8f.

Thank you for watching! For that bit at the 3:16 mark do you think it should be lighter? I filmed at 1.8f iso 100 had some lights going etc. My house is very dark and really my best lighting comes in the early morning and i have even less of a window to film with good lighting during winter months. I'll keep it in mind to try and make things lighter for next time. Thank you for the advice!

OP
OP
BensTechLab

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
@MiddleofKnowhere brightness is a bit subjective. But yah I did find that shot was a bit dull. It may have also just been a lack of contrast too?

Do you have a grey card for your camera? And have you ever used the zebras mode on your camera? There is some tooling to help take the subjectivity out of this. But admittedly I am also new to a lot this. I just learned how to set a custom white balance with a grey card in the Sony a6400 last week, and that really helped. Grey card was like $6 on Amazon shipped from China. I will also be tinkering with the exposure stuff next.

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
@MiddleofKnowhere brightness is a bit subjective. But yah I did find that shot was a bit dull. It may have also just been a lack of contrast too?

Do you have a grey card for your camera? And have you ever used the zebras mode on your camera? There is some tooling to help take the subjectivity out of this. But admittedly I am also new to a lot this. I just learned how to set a custom white balance with a grey card in the Sony a6400 last week, and that really helped. Grey card was like $6 on Amazon shipped from China. I will also be tinkering with the exposure stuff next.

I'll have to invest in a grey card. I think I have one on a wish list somewhere on my amazon account.