• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why isn't my video ranking despite exact title as search query

Anindya Roy

I posted a video on YouTube 2 days back named Best game engine for andriod... you can see it here:
View: https://youtu.be/UWLXtQCM-B0

If you search it on YouTube, you will find that the exact keyword is searched very often (I created the video only because of this) and no other video has the same title as that..
NOW THE PROBLEM IS, despite all of this, my video IS NOT RANKING AT ALL!!! I have done all the best practices for videos I know, you may check it from thw link, uet the video isn't ranking and the videos which do nit have any connection with that search are appearing on search page...

Please help me... what should I add to my video??

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I did a search for "Best game engine for andriod" and your video shows up as number 8 so it's ranking.

Reactions: Anindya Roy

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just did a search with that exact title, and itΓÇÖs at No.6 in the search, so youΓÇÖre definitely ranking, and ranking quite well :)

Reactions: Anindya Roy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a feeling CTR has something to do with ranking as well. A great title doesn't mean the video will get clicked with the thumbnail doesn't appeal. What's the CTR of your thumbnail currently? Thumbnails are often the problem, and this thumbnail looks like every other thumbnail I've seen of this niche from channels under 1k subs. So take a look at your thumbnail. If your title is great but the thumbnail isn't clickable, people won't click and I'm pretty sure that will effect your ranking.

OP
OP
Anindya Roy

Anindya Roy

I have a feeling CTR has something to do with ranking as well. A great title doesn't mean the video will get clicked with the thumbnail doesn't appeal. What's the CTR of your thumbnail currently? Thumbnails are often the problem, and this thumbnail looks like every other thumbnail I've seen of this niche from channels under 1k subs. So take a look at your thumbnail. If your title is great but the thumbnail isn't clickable, people won't click and I'm pretty sure that will effect your ranking.

I thought bright red color generally catches attention... What type of thumbnail should I put there?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Grabbing attention doesn't necessarily mean a click. I thought this too when I started making my thumbs super colourful, and they actually ended up getting LESS CTR. But before you do any changes, actually go into the video analytics and see what the impressions and CTR are because you might actually have high CTR. Data doesn't care about my tastes, so you always want to look at the actual data first.

Word of warning though, I listened to a little bit and it's got an automated voice. I checked a few of your other videos and not all of them are that way, so I'd try and focus on using your own voice. Automated voice videos are less likely to be accepted into the YTPP. I've tried to find the video where they specifically mention this and it's hard to find, but generally a video with text to speech audio is regarded as "spam videos" to those reviewing channels for monetization. Not a good thing for those who can't actually talk or have a speech impediment, but it's a thing YouTube mentioned as being an element that can impact on being accepted into the YouTube Partner Program, so I'd be careful about that as well, that's just more of a heads up.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Anindya Roy

Anindya Roy

Grabbing attention doesn't necessarily mean a click. I thought this too when I started making my thumbs super colourful, and they actually ended up getting LESS CTR. But before you do any changes, actually go into the video analytics and see what the impressions and CTR are because you might actually have high CTR. Data doesn't care about my tastes, so you always want to look at the actual data first.

Word of warning though, I listened to a little bit and it's got an automated voice. I checked a few of your other videos and not all of them are that way, so I'd try and focus on using your own voice. Automated voice videos are less likely to be accepted into the YTPP. I've tried to find the video where they specifically mention this and it's hard to find, but generally a video with text to speech audio is regarded as "spam videos" to those reviewing channels for monetization. Not a good thing for those who can't actually talk or have a speech impediment, but it's a thing YouTube mentioned as being an element that can impact on being accepted into the YouTube Partner Program, so I'd be careful about that as well, that's just more of a heads up.
I have actually heard about that text to speech issue... Dunno who to believe in this matter. On one hand a lot of people say text to speech videos can't be monetized but I have seen some successful channels like Gamer Stupid using only text to speech

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have actually heard about that text to speech issue... Dunno who to believe in this matter. On one hand a lot of people say text to speech videos can't be monetized but I have seen some successful channels like Gamer Stupid using only text to speech
I think it's all based on context, and also keeping in mind, some channels that are keeping with the rules still don't always get successfully accepted first time around, so it can be a bit hit-and-miss at times. I think as long as your videos can't be misinterpreted as "spam" or "automated" you should be ok. Generally the channels that I've seen that use automated voices are also using other people's content or footage to try and get around copyright, but there're other channels that use automated voices to help with software tutorials. At the end of the day it's up to the person reviewing the channel for YTPP and their discretion.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Anindya Roy

Anindya Roy

I think it's all based on context, and also keeping in mind, some channels that are keeping with the rules still don't always get successfully accepted first time around, so it can be a bit hit-and-miss at times. I think as long as your videos can't be misinterpreted as "spam" or "automated" you should be ok. Generally the channels that I've seen that use automated voices are also using other people's content or footage to try and get around copyright, but there're other channels that use automated voices to help with software tutorials. At the end of the day it's up to the person reviewing the channel for YTPP and their discretion.
Thanks for the advice mate... I actually broke my mic and my parents refuse to buy me a new one... so I am either forced to use text to speech or upload the horrible audio of my laptop's default mic

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the advice mate... I actually broke my mic and my parents refuse to buy me a new one... so I am either forced to use text to speech or upload the horrible audio of my laptop's default mic
See if you can get yourself a Boyah BYM1 (the batteries can be a bit tricky to find and replace though) they go for about 20 bucks and will do a lot better than your laptop's default mic. But I totally get it, I had to deal with crappy laptop microphones for a while so I can see why some go with text to audio.