• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Youtube blocked my video

cinque8

Hello,

Last year I uploaded to Youtube a four minute video to pay tribute to a relative of mine who had passed away. I included in the video a 69 second sound track of the six minute 1980s Ojays song called: Family Reunion. To my great surprise, Youtube blocked the video, claiming a copyright violation. To me this is very petty!
1607543249980.png
1607543355671.png

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yep, this has happened to me twice. If you use someone else's music, you just have to accept whatever they wish to do with it, or just not use copyrighted music. Doesn't matter if the music volume is low, they can pick up low volume music while you're talking. I just decided to take down the two videos I had that were blocked in some countries. They weren't getting any views anyway, they were like, my third ever video and didn't represent me anymore, so no big loss and was a learning experience not to do it again.

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
Never use copyrighted contents in your video. This can affect your channel. Be glad that youtube just blocked your video. They have the power to kill your channel

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
C

cinque8

OK, I have another question. There are millions of Youtube videos out there. My tiny video was only about 4 minutes long, and I listed it as "private" to be incognito. So how did they even find it?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
OK, I have another question. There are millions of Youtube videos out there. My tiny video was only about 4 minutes long, and I listed it as "private" to be incognito. So how did they even find it?
I had a video get copyright claimed/blocked before it even went public (using the Godzilla theme song) google have a pretty significant copyright id system, so even if it's private they will be able to claim it, that's basically why they say to wait an hour or so before publishing to check to make sure a video doesn't get claimed unintentionally.

Also, if a blog has used your video, even if it's private or unlisted, the url will still exist.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Quite often I would get videos flagged during the upload. So I do not wonder how mine get noticed - but how others do not.
Generally the claimant just takes the monetization, I did have one Sinatra holiday song blocked in Germany. That seemed odd...

I just make sure I do not use other people's music now. There is almost always background music as I walk around - the Philippines is a very loud country. Now I just do not use the sound. I record the vid, and do voice over later. There is pretty much no way around all the music here.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My recommendation for this is to redo the video but with copyright-free music.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Sinatra blocked in Germany? That is odd. Stinkin' computers.
I once had a video blocked in germany. actually, for a while I couldn't even watch this video locally as it was blocked in my own country so I just took it down.

cupid.PNG

jurassic.PNG

This one always makes me laugh as the trailer was 2 minutes I think, and I make an 18 minute ANALYSIS of it, as a form of study, but nope, it got copyright claims. I can see why I guess, they have the right to, but just a shame that it wouldn't be considered fair use and if you try to appeal, they CAN strike you if they decide to not overturn the appeal.

Ragulsundaram

Very Well-Known Member
www.facttests.com
Subscriber Goal
Apparently the music rights was owned by sony who are notorious when it comes to music rights. You can cut the portion or delete the video if you don't want to make them money on your work