• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Channel with multiple content types

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

tl;dr:
Any channels with multiple content type on it?

My channel is new, and slowly building. My goal is to have three main (but different) types of content on it. All of which are entertainment based, but will be different. I'm aiming to have a comedy cooking show (which is up now), a movie review/essay show (coming soon), and then a sketch show (the main headliner eventually).

I realize this does not mesh well with Youtube analytics but it's what I want to do.

My question really, are there other types of channels like this? Have they been successful or not?

Let me know if ya got the time. Links would be great.

Reactions: rumi1988

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The advice you will get here is to experiment early, then zero in on the content that drives the most audience retention and average view duration and double-down on that content.

TyrionTheWolf

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Since you're just starting out, experiment as much as you like.But I agree with SILTHW, once you find your niche, stick with it. I think once you gained enough subs, experiment again but this time see how your viewer react to it. I've seen pretty of youtubers that have multiple types of content but in the beginning they stuck with just one

Reactions: minusthirtyfilms

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The advice you will get here is to experiment early, then zero in on the content that drives the most audience retention and average view duration and double-down on that content.
Yep, early on you can afford to have early experiments fail and not have any real impact at all on your channel. Once you reach sizes like 10,000 and 100,000 taking gambles and experiments can have more of an impact.

I personally wouldn't subscribe to a channel that does a bit of this, a little of that, some other stuff. If I want a movie review channel, I don't want them to do skits unless they're movie related skits. If you can make the content related in some way, that's always ideal, but I can't say I've seen too many variety channels succeed much, not early on. It's a lot harder to develop a brand based on personality when no one knows who you are. It's a lot easier to develop a brand based on being known for a specific topic and excelling in it.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I do multiple content types, but all related to gaming. I have a gaming channel and a main game for that channel. A new version of the game is released each year which is more or less my channels time to shine. But after a few months I start to get burned out with the game and I need to take a break from it until next years version. During that time I make videos for other games that are completely different from the main game and of no interest to most of my subscribers. It's definitely a bad choice when it comes to subscriber growth but it's something I need to do to prevent myself from getting burned out and to keep on enjoying making videos and to get my excitement up for when next years version is released.

Reactions: minusthirtyfilms