• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Tactics to get a decent amount of watch hours for my newly started YouTube channel?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Afraid there are no tricks here... you need to make good, watchable, shareable and bingeable content. If you use the tools provided by TubeBuddy to master your CTR and SEO you are going to get in front of viewers. When you are able to keep those viewers around and get them to start watching multiple videos your watchtime will come (and easier than you think).

FYI For our channel I managed to hit the 4k watchtime requirement after about 8 months... and ALL of that came from a single video that happened to perform really well over that time frame. So the good news is that it only takes one video to make it happen!

AshwinR

TubeBuddy User
Afraid there are no tricks here... you need to make good, watchable, shareable and bingeable content. If you use the tools provided by TubeBuddy to master your CTR and SEO you are going to get in front of viewers. When you are able to keep those viewers around and get them to start watching multiple videos your watchtime will come (and easier than you think).

FYI For our channel I managed to hit the 4k watchtime requirement after about 8 months... and ALL of that came from a single video that happened to perform really well over that time frame. So the good news is that it only takes one video to make it happen!

Agreed, just make good content. I'm almost at 1900 hours, but 1 video has giving me 1100 hours, it's insane. If you have crappy video, you can use all the tricks in the world, but watchtime and subscriber are not going to happen.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

Bravo. Well said. Nothing to really add here.

Reactions: kamaalzindagi