• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question My channel was not montized. How to solve this issue?

kidzy

How to resolve this issue by Add/Edit/Delete Video.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 4.04.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 4.04.28 PM.png
    498 KB · Views: 149

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
1, you have a few Peppa Pig and hello kitty themed videos which would be breaching copyright, which would make your channel highly unlikely to be monetizable even if you asked for a review as you're using copyrighted I.P.
2, you have a channel that's made for kids, did you set your channel as made for kids? If you didn't, this is a breach of COPPA laws, and if you don't I'm not sure how that would impact a channels monetizability, but with the focus on using other brands I.P as your own, that alone would be your reason why you didn't get approved.

Use of Peppa Pig without a license would be the Duplicate content.

OP
OP
kidzy

kidzy

1. I will remove Peppa Pig & Hello Kitty Videos.
2. I will do that as well.

If we search on Youtube "peppa pig finger family" or "hello kitty finger family". There are so many videos. (Those channels are also monetized).

I am still not figure out may be I am repeating same content of Finger Family songs that's why?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

If we search on Youtube "peppa pig finger family" or "hello kitty finger family". There are so many videos. (Those channels are also monetized).

I am still not figure out may be I am repeating same content of Finger Family songs that's why?
Are those channels monetized? Or is YouTube simply running ads against their videos?

Even if they are monetized and doing it right YT cant use targeted ads, so the value of those ads is far, FAR less than the alrighty miniscule value of an ad in general.

You have a channel that is focused on childrens content; as such you will need to come to the realization that you are not going to make money from adsense. You will need to get creative with products/merch, seek sponsorship etc.

Reactions: Damon and kidzy
OP
OP
kidzy

kidzy

Seems I didn't get Return Of Investment with Made By Kids Channel. Need to Switch Over to another channels or need to choose another topic.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

If we search on YouTube "Peppa Pig finger family" or "hello kitty finger family". There are so many videos. (Those channels are also monetized).

They may be "monetized" but there's a good chance that the money is being sent to the owners of Peppa Pig rather than the uploader. I have a video that's copyright claimed and it still gets ads occasionally, but all revenue goes to Universal Studios in that regard. I would say the repeating content would be regarding the characters. Also, I know a lot of people say "there are lots of other channels doing the same thing and are monetized" but evidently they haven't caught those channels yet, and they did with you. It's only a matter of time before those channels are taken down.

Also, if your content is ONLY to make money on YouTube, THAT alone will be reason enough for YouTube to reject monetization. They have said (I'm still trying to find the original video where they mentioned it) where if the purpose of the channel is mostly to make money, rather than to provide value, they will see that and possibly refuse to accept the channel into YTPP. Sometimes a channel is manually reviewed by more than one reviewer to determine if they feel a channel is a good fit for YTPP.