• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Thumbnail for latest walking vid!

AuroraB

Subscriber Goal
20201206_165831_0000.png

I do walking videos and most of my thumbnails look like this. A pic of where I'm walking, the video title, and the location at the bottom left. Where do you think I can improve to generate more interest?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The first problem I see is that because the background is so busy (I'd have found a different shot without the the sign there, it adds a level of distraction) the text kinda blend in with it all. The buildings and pavement are all fairly pale and beige meaning your white text is going blends right in and the blue outline isn't helping much with contrast.

What could you try is making the background maybe black and white with a colour wash over it, so the text stands out more. Or instead of having the shoes, you could have a line of foot prints trotting along through the thumbnail.

It don't necessarily dislike it, the text choice is nice, but I do think contrast and making it a lot less busy visually will help, there's some elements that distract me (the sign especially) more than attract.

OP
OP
AuroraB

AuroraB

Subscriber Goal
Ok thank you! I usually try to take a pic of one of the mire interesting parts of my walk, but I totally get about it being a little busy and the colors blending in. I also like the idea of the foot prints. That's something I didn't think of before. Ill

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

HeatherPsyD

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
too busy, and the text is difficult to read. nice background photo, though. :)

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Very clean looking image. However I recommend you don't use bright colored text on top of a bright colored image. It makes it a little hard on the eye. Also make the location text much bigger. You want the location to be very clear to the audience. Not them guessing where you are walking based only on the image alone. Besides that you're rocking it!

Alby Tastic

I would darken the b/g image a bit and blur it a little to make the text stand out more.
I would also make the location more prominent or include it in the text like: "Take a walk with me through Wako-Shi" and your next walk could then be "Take a walk with me through ****" creating a more consistent style.