• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News Christmas content?

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am from Sri lanka and a buddhist. But I personally love christmas so much. Even my birthday is in december. Any christmas related youtube video ideas?

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am just doing a couple cooking videos, to share with my grandkids. A cooking experience from 13,000 Kms away.
the whole christmas season is huge here in the Philippines but I have never really made many videos for it. Probably should...
(the season last for all 4 'ber' months: September, October, November, December)

Meifesto

Last 2 years i did a continuous upload from Christmas day (25th Dec) till new years day (1st Jan).
Going to repeat it this year again :)

With subs, i didn't notice that big of a difference, but it does give a little boost to your views.
Of course, how bigger you are, the bigger the boost will be. ;)
And allot of people do Christmas decorations on something channel related.
So many motorcycles, car or trucks get a full Christmas make-over.

Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
hey! doing vlogmas is very popular, maybe making resolutions or making holiday cookies?
Thank you. Cooking is a perfect idea

I am just doing a couple cooking videos, to share with my grandkids. A cooking experience from 13,000 Kms away.
the whole christmas season is huge here in the Philippines but I have never really made many videos for it. Probably should...
(the season last for all 4 'ber' months: September, October, November, December)
Hey! Thank you!

I did a few Christmas themed videos, along with a Christmas still life painting :blush:
That is sweet!

Last 2 years i did a continuous upload from Christmas day (25th Dec) till new years day (1st Jan).
Going to repeat it this year again :)

With subs, i didn't notice that big of a difference, but it does give a little boost to your views.
Of course, how bigger you are, the bigger the boost will be. ;)
And allot of people do Christmas decorations on something channel related.
So many motorcycles, car or trucks get a full Christmas make-over.
Cool! I should try too...

Reactions: Meifesto

AshwinR

TubeBuddy User
I am from Sri lanka and a buddhist. But I personally love christmas so much. Even my birthday is in december. Any christmas related youtube video ideas?

Maybe show how your decorate of have decorated your house.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Curious, why does being from Sri Lanka and a Buddhist make a difference in being into Christmas? Is Christmas not something celebrated by people in Sri Lanka and by Buddhists? Would really like to know.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am very cautious of this. For starters, Christmas is not really a search term that you typically want added to your regularly scheduled content... the reason being that it prevents that content from being searched for over three-quarters of the year. At the very least I maintain that you should keep it to a winter or 'holiday-season' theme. This advice is solely for content that you want to be evergreen of course, there is nothing wrong with making content that is specific to Christmas.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am very cautious of this. For starters, Christmas is not really a search term that you typically want added to your regularly scheduled content... the reason being that it prevents that content from being searched for over three-quarters of the year. At the very least I maintain that you should keep it to a winter or 'holiday-season' theme. This advice is solely for content that you want to be evergreen of course, there is nothing wrong with making content that is specific to Christmas.

I think this goes into a discussion of content you want to make for you vs the audience. There needs to be a balance. I would say I mostly agree with this, but also understand it can be a good opportunity for community building and that TOO is important.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think this goes into a discussion of content you want to make for you vs the audience. There needs to be a balance. I would say I mostly agree with this, but also understand it can be a good opportunity for community building and that TOO is important.
Yeah whenever I make "christmas" content, it's pretty specifically niche and I know it won't get views. It's more a case of "I want to draw something cool and christmasy for my core audience" so I know there's no broad appeal for it, and I don't think ANYONE is going out of their way to search for christmas dinosaurs :p but I do like when my friends make christmas themed videos, and I consider any of my christmas themed drawing videos to basically be for my "friends" (my core subscribers)

I think going into Christmas content knowing what to expect and to curb your expectations is the best way to go. We love those we care about, but we probably don't care all that much about some random channel's christmas plans and holiday, so that kind of stuff really is specifically for a community value type of thing.

Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I totally agree with you. Thank you so much for the advice <3

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I did a Xmas special video that has a few number one scoring tags but it has done awfully. Thinking of changing the thumbnail though as it's much lower than my average CTR.