• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined Choosing Channel Keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I've been looking into the channel keywords and it seems there's no limit to how many channel tags you can use which seems to indicate it's not as important as the video tags themselves. I've got a ton of single word art related tags in my channel tags which I now try to avoid doing on an individual basis, but if keyword strategies work the same for channel tags, I believe a keyword tool on a channel level would be cool. But for now you could simply use the same keyword research, and then past the results into your channel keywords, and with the seemingly lack of character restrictions, you could really fill it out. I've seen some channels with some MASSIVE channel tag lists.

You can also look at other channels in your niche with Channelytics on their main page, and see what channel tags they've used. While I'm not a fan of straight up copying, if you could take a look at successful channels in your niche, and see which tags they use which could apply to your channel.

But yes, having a tool for some channel level tag tools would be great :)

Reactions: GracefulBeast

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So I've been looking into the channel keywords and it seems there's no limit to how many channel tags you can use which seems to indicate it's not as important as the video tags themselves...
I had to go check this out because I was having issues. When I first setup channel keywords it was unrestricted. Then a few months ago during the weird "everyone is getting different beta features" time mine was restricted to 500 characters. That sucked because if I tried to update I had to remove a ton of stuff, but if I cancelled changes it left them all. Based on your post, I went and looked and it is unlimited again...

TyrionTheWolf

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
See i have a 500 character limit on my channel and its been that way for 2 months

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
See i have a 500 character limit on my channel and its been that way for 2 months
Not sure when mine went away. It was there 3 weeks ago when I went to update.
Just to be sure, we're not talking about video tags right
video tags.PNG

And we're talking specifically CHANNEL tags right?
channel tags.PNG

Can you show a screenshot of your channel tag settings. I've never seen the 500 character limit in that area. I guess YouTube is always experimenting.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Can you show a screenshot of your channel tag settings. I've never seen the 500 character limit in that area. I guess YouTube is always experimenting.
Mine is back to unlimited. When they were moving channel tags into Studio I ended up with a 500 char limit. But it seems that was temporary and likely a bug.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Lots of help can be found in TubeBuddy regarding selecting keywords for individual videos, but I've not found anything about picking the best keywords for the channel itself. Am I just missing something, or is this a valid request? Thank you.
FYI Roberto Blake announced that he will be releasing a video specifically about this after the Nick Nimmin livestream this Saturday

TyrionTheWolf

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Just to be sure, we're not talking about video tags right
View attachment 8427

And we're talking specifically CHANNEL tags right?
View attachment 8428

Mine went back to normal this morning too must have been a bug

Reactions: Beanie Draws

VideoChannelIdeas

Lots of help can be found in TubeBuddy regarding selecting keywords for individual videos, but I've not found anything about picking the best keywords for the channel itself. Am I just missing something, or is this a valid request? Thank you.

Personally I would treat it like you would with a blog post and do not overdo it stuffing your channel with keywords etc.

Use relevant keywords etc. but try to write it for humans and not the algorithm.

Reactions: GracefulBeast

Primitivenature

Subscriber Goal
I am a YouTuber and this tool really helps to rank better or even best in search. Before TubeBuddy it was a very hard thing to understand how to rank better in search or on first page but after using this tool I was able to rank my videos on YouTube's first page. This tool changed my whole YouTube channel ranking and helped me to improve my channel placing.

Bears and Butters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This was a really helpful video!! Went through and adjusted keywords while watching this!! After watching, I did have a question though:

• Is it wise to additionally put any of your channel tags in your video tags and video description as well?
  • Should you use your channel name tag in both channel, and video tags? Or is this just the waste of a couple tags?
Thank you!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This was a really helpful video!! Went through and adjusted keywords while watching this!! After watching, I did have a question though:

• Is it wise to additionally put any of your channel tags in your video tags and video description as well?
  • Should you use your channel name tag in both channel, and video tags? Or is this just the waste of a couple tags?
Thank you!

It would be beneficial to have a couple of channel tags that are going to be frequently used as video tags... just a couple keywords which really represent your niche. This serves to let YouTube know that this is the subject that your channel represents. The correlation gives YT a concrete signal that if they have an audience looking for this subject then you are not only the video but the channel they should be watching... and maybe some of the other videos you have as well.

Reactions: Bears and Butters
Status
Not open for further replies.