• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion The YouTube Algorithm's Dirty Secret

abstractdiscovery

abstractdiscovery.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello, all TubeBuddy's. I'm taking a break from writing on Medium to write some content on here about the Youtube Algorithm's secret.
Once you begin to understand that it is rooting for you and not against you... things will change.
Let me tell you. I'm a medication-technician (at least before the pandemic).
I know when a patient is lying to me about pain and they're just wanting
some meds to probably sell so they can have money to buy
harder drugs. Sad story.

What do you think of when you picture the algorithm?
It's faced with so many choices.

It's like the moment you click YouTube and you're inundated
with these thumbnails that we probably could never make in our lifetime
because for some, we suck. But that's okay. Some of the best creators sucked before too.

There are numerous youtube accounts who don't even use
thumbnails and they're getting millions of views. I'm not saying thumbnails don't matter,
I'm saying that they aren't everything.

When you work, you expect a check right?
That's what we give up our time for.
Now, think of the Algorithm like...
not to get political but, can we be satire for second?

Let's say the algorithm is Donald Trump. You upload a video.
It doesn't like it? FAKE NEWS! It doesn't benefit him? FRAUD!
But when he's covid positive walking in the white house throwing
off his mask into the crowd like the Rock doing the people's elbow,
now that's something worth watching. (I'm republican by the way so chill)

The Algorithm is something like an addict. A Pimp, a gold-digger, to say the least.

Think of the 5 things you do every day that you don't even think about...
You just do it because that's what you do. Wake up, complain, back to sleep.

You know you get an email coupon from Postmates for 5$ off around noon.
You're waiting for ClearValueTax to tell us that the stimulis package is here.
The algorithm wants money. Simple as that.
For videos that make money, the algorithm will yield it's attention to.
Think of the algorithm singing, "B**** Better Have My Money....."

So what can you do now that you know what the algorithm is?
Get it addicted to you.
How?
Programming.
*Think about the last 5 videos you watched from the same creator. *

Have you noticed that the beginnings are almost always the same?

*If you watch JK NEWS, it always starts the same (besides when they throw their Patreon clips on YouTube). But the daily upload always starts when Tiff says, "3,2,1, welcome back to off the record where we talk about whatever we want."*

Why is that?

*Sup ya beautiful bastards?!*

Sound familiar?

*The same thing.*

Because you do it too. You binge on the same person's content. The algorithm right now is keeping people on their channel. A few months ago it was probably two videos max before it shifted to another creator you watch. But now, it's more focused on user intent. *What you searched for is what you're gonna get.*
Why? BECAUSE THERE'S MONEY TO BE MADE.

So before you do your next video, think about this algorithm. What can you do to give it its fix? For new channels and small, give it something to get used to. *Programming is a type of psychological conditioning that keeps the listener hooked without them knowing. Cults use this tactic on followers many times a year.
It's called conditioning sometimes.*

*The recipe is lack of sleep, consistent affirmations towards a fixed belief, constant love bombing, creation of your own lingo within your followers. I know this because I use to be a cult member. I use to be one of those in charge of conditioning the members to believe, obey, pay, share, and do so with joy and never leave because if you do, you'll burn in hell.*

All of this is to get members to obey or believe that they will suffer the consequences of hell fire after they die.
Treat your channel in such a way that you're cult leader. Just don't actually be one. Well.. You can be whatever you want.
Even cult leaders care about their members. They need them. What makes these leaders different from you?
Think about some historical figures who had a cult following. Hitler, Ghengis Khan, they were scum that are no better than you.

The only thing different was *they weren't afraid to express what they believed.*
They believed in it so much that other's believed in it too.
Do you believe in your content?
DO you believe you could lead your own cult if they showed up?

You don't just gotta want it. You gotta be a little on the spectrum.
Just enough to be oblivious to the fact that any action or tweet you send has repurcussions.
You better go back years and clean your tweets before someone tries to cancel you.
Are you ready for fame? Fame is not being able to go to your favorite restuarant anymore. (well. covid took care of that)
but covid aside, it's not being able to go out in sweatpants. If you're a paranoid person already who thinks they're
being followed, i can't imagine you wanting to be famous. You'll have ppl who don't understand the nature of boundaries
knocking on your door and asking for a picture. How bad do you want it?

I hate to preach but it's rather a good reminder before pressing record tho it's technically not a proverb.
"What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, ΓÇ£Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,ΓÇ¥
but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, ΓÇ£You have faith; I have deeds.ΓÇ¥
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe thatΓÇöand shudder.
You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?"

Take all this into consideration before making your next video, but becareful not to let it discourage you.
YouTube has grown up. There are real celebrities with endless budgets to spend for one three minute video.
So don't be so hard on yourself. You're litterally one person, one team, against networks that have already
been doing this since before the internet. Who have actual employees on payroll.

It doesn't mean it's impossible to make it now. Don't even focus on making it. Just focus on your viewer.
Who is this person? What do they need? What are they suffering from? What can you teach this person?
How old are they? What's their living situation?

When you plan you next video, revolve it around this viewer. Give the viewer a name if you must.
You know they say, for drug dealers, they always have to be lucky. But for cops, they just gotta be lucky once.
You are always one video away from attaining the goal that you want. But now it's time to pivot and invest
in the goals of others. I know my videos served their purpose for whatever and whoever. I never made it.
I make more money on Medium writing than I do on YouTube. But I love YouTube so much more.
It's not about me though. It's about you. About the viewer. Maybe I communicate a better message in writing
than I do on video. Who knows.

Be inspired. Go make that video. Have releastic expectations. If you always get 100 views aim for 120, 150.
Those viewers are split between quantitative [experimental potential] and qualitative [target audience, real potential].
Don't forget the 3 steps in video creation: prep, record, post. You can't edit a video in post if you didn't prepare to record
the best video. They are the trinity. Consubstantial, they rely on each other to keep a balance and make your video successful.

TLDR:
The Algorithm wants you to do good because it benefits from you doing well. So it's not against you. Unless you're uploading certain content.
The algorithm needs you to perform well because its that gold-digger girlfriend/boyfriend you hate to love so much.
Love does cost a thing, Jenifer Lopez lied. She's still fine af tho for her age.

*all stared comments are suggestions to create a consistent and addictive intro that keeps users engaged*