• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Youtube Shorts

Don Alabee

TubeBuddy User
www.ghananiephotography.com
Subscriber Goal
So i've been following the discussions on youtube shorts, the benefits and all. i decided to give it a try with the vlogmas thingy. 3 videos so far and the second video i posted got some 600 views within 24hrs, far more than the usual less than 100 views i get within 24hrs. i dunno how that happened, but for the next 21 days i'll be posting shorts just to see how well it goes. you guys should give it a try too.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
We've had a few people hit with shorts. The biggest I've seen so far is 80k views. The one thing worth noting is people are seeing a jump in subscriber count and then are only ultimately keeping about 10%.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
wow that must be crazy. but what could account for the 90% drop?
The shorts shelf shows basically the video and a subscribe button. And comments (not the description) when you click it. So lots of people subscribe and then unsubscribe later.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm forming a little strategy for shorts. For my content as an artist... doing a full video review on a single pencil probably isn't worth a full video, but definitely can do a quick 1 minute short. It's an interesting new thing to experiment with.

Reactions: JRocksPRT

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I had some success with out first attempt... have now edited a few more and will be putting them in the pipeline for a second piece of weekly content. Perfect timing; December is a pitiful month for the fishing niche. It's nice to have something that picks up the slack.

Reactions: Damon

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
but why will one subscribe and unsubscribe later?
There is no real answer, but there is an educated guess. A lot of people experimenting with shorts are making short content that doesn't reflect the rest of their channel's content. So people subscribe expecing you to release more of the same content then learn it isn't the type of content you make...

Reactions: Damon