• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Does having your Youtube channel name is your video titles make any difference?

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Does having your Youtube channel name is your video titles make any difference?
We have done this for ages for but I am not sure if it helps with SEO/meta.

Example:
Subscription Box Unboxing I Random Lifestyle Vlog

Does it help? In the new year, we are planning on maybe changing this.

• Love
Reactions: MICK

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Part of me thinks in the early days it's a good temporary idea if your name is very common and there're already hundreds of your name, and the type of video you're making is also one that is done a lot. I'd say if you have less than 100 subs, having "channel name - video title" can help you stand out and be searchable to your friends to get the ball rolling.
I've had situations in the past where a friend was starting a channel, and it was actually hard to find his channel because the name of his channel was also a genre ("urban explorer") so in a situation like that I'd think "Urban explorer - How to build a van" initially separates him from the other "urban exploring" type videos.
But once his channel got more established, the algorithm was able to separate him from the other topic videos, and he no longer would have benefited as much from it.
Other than that though, I see no point and you're much better off having a unique channel name and having your channel name in your tags like Ike said.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

Meifesto

I also think, when possible, it is worth more to have your channel name in the thumbnail than in the title.
People not always check the titles, but they do see the thumbnail.

Early days this might give you the advances that people who come across your videos at random might start to recognize the channel name.
With longer names it might be smarter to use the logo instead of the full name though ;)

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I put the names in the titles for like the first 30 videos, since then I've even gone back and removed the name from some of them. I still leave the name in the tags though.

I spent a lot of time looking for a suitable name before even starting the channel. Normally when I name something I kind of work backwards, with a .com domain. So I spend a bit of time searching for short, pronounceable .com domain that is as unique as possible. I find https://www.expireddomains.net/ is helpful for that. Once I have the domain name I do a couple searches on it and check availability on all the social platforms. For our channel we been quite lucky with EvaWar, got the .com and YouTube channel name. On some of the other social or gaming platforms we've had to go with EvaWarGaming.

Even with our small channel size, searching on google should have us on the 1st page for our channel name, and in YouTube as well. It's really noticeable when you in a chat with people talking about the YouTube channel, they'll ask for the channel name, and often before I've replied, they just searched for the gamer tag and found it.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Does having your Youtube channel name is your video titles make any difference?
We have done this for ages for but I am not sure if it helps with SEO/meta.

Example:
Subscription Box Unboxing I Random Lifestyle Vlog

Does it help? In the new year, we are planning on maybe changing this.

YouTube has said they have a good idea who it's from. This would be mostly for viewers, but I would argue like some have said having it in your description, tags, and hashtags is better than having it in your title.

Make sure you also have it in your channel keywords! Can't stress the importance enough of having them there.

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
YouTube has said they have a good idea who it's from. This would be mostly for viewers, but I would argue like some have said having it in your description, tags, and hashtags is better than having it in your title.

Make sure you also have it in your channel keywords! Can't stress the importance enough of having them there.
Thanks Andrew much appreciated!