• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Vlog Channel Learning YouTube at 54, So My Liver Won't Yell At Me When I Retire At 56

PBJoe

User name: PBJoe
Title of introduction: Learning YouTube at 54, So My Liver Won't Yell At Me When I Retire At 56
Your name/ Alias: Joe (I hear Jo-Jo most the time)
Where are you from? San Diego, PB Mailman
How did you find TubeBuddy? Watching other channels. I hope I used Nick Nimmin's link correct, If not I owe you a beer Nick. Casbah, San Diego anytime (if it ever opens, this stinks) Oh you're in Chiang Mai. Ok, I'll spring for the $11 Air Asia ticket to Cheap Charlie's in Bangkok. It moved to Soi 50 from Soi 11. And yes I'll pay $3 extra for the big red chair
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I played around on another program writing blog posts. Keywords, SEO that type of thing. I'm old enough to not figure out everything on my own. A community can be a major help. Hopefully I can help someone, once I learn. Somewhere in Baja 1999(?) is a guy flying a Cessna I taught in 3 "EZ" lessons. Hey it was a different time back then.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: I'm hanging up my mailman bag in a year and a half. Sold my house and live on a sailboat. I've visited 5 continents and 50(?) countries over the years. I love Thailand, and Bangkok will be base camp. My buddies say I'm going just to party. That's just 99% of the reason. So I want to make some videos, help other expats take a look around. Not sure where the channel is heading. To be honest, somewhere around 40 I stopped trying to figure out where anything heads. I'd like to upload on a regular basis. That's the present goal. Yes, I'm also open to saving lives. If you're near Pete's Camp in San Felipe, Baja and you see a small plane approaching... Slam on your brakes.
How frequently do you upload? I'd like 3 times a week. Today I post when I finish the edit
What are your hobbies? Living in San Diego always been a sailboat guy. Getting more into diving, but I'm a tropical water man. Huge live music fan. Seen a thousand (or more) bands in small bars. In 1990 I was at the old Casbah in San Diego to see Nirvana. I left before they went on. I took a girl to see Frankie Goes To Hollywood instead. No, I didn't want to see Frankie. I heard about 20 people showed up at Casbah. After Nirvana ran out of songs, they just played crazy covers. Ya, I missed that. I was in line buying Lori a "Frankie Says Relax T-shirt." Regrets...I've had a few..."
What is your biggest dream? I've had many dreams. I wanted to get my pilot's license. So I worked overtime, and made it happen. I want to travel fulltime, and I'm getting close to making that a reality. Biggest dream? I'd like to get that Frankie Says Relax T-shirt back, and burn it. Did I mention Bananarama was the opener? Hey I used to like Oingo Boingo, Smiths, Depeche Mode, not only punk. But missing Nirvana for Bananarama? I sometimes still wake up in a sweat.
YouTube Channel Link: UCfrjS44q-NuxwZs3X-rpJ-w

Reactions: Fiberific

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Welcome!

It is worth taking a moment to check the forum rules. Included are details on how to get your Forum Badge and gain access to the Promotions board and details on accessing and posting in the YouTube Feedback board:

OP
OP
PBJoe

PBJoe

Welcome!

It is worth taking a moment to check the forum rules. Included are details on how to get your Forum Badge and gain access to the Promotions board and details on accessing and posting in the YouTube Feedback board:

Thanks for the greeting. I reviewed the Forum rules and I'll go back and take a look at how the Forum Badge works. Did I break a rule? Last thing I wanted to do. I'll edit before I log off soon.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the greeting. I reviewed the Forum rules and I'll go back and take a look at how the Forum Badge works. Did I break a rule? Last thing I wanted to do. I'll edit before I log off soon.
Not at all. The first question (ok, maybe second or third) question we get is "how do I access the promotions board" or "how do I get feedback" so I try and make sure people know what they need to do to get that access.

Again, welcome!

Reactions: PBJoe
OP
OP
PBJoe

PBJoe

Oh got it. I had a flashback to the Navy. If they handed you the rule-book, you knew you broke a rule. Have a great day.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Welcome to the forums! Quick question though, have you been to the Philippines?

Reactions: PBJoe
OP
OP
PBJoe

PBJoe

Sure have. 12 times in the Navy. Subic Bay. Back in the 80's. I almost made it back about 5 years ago to dive with the whale sharks. Got side-tracked and ended up in Singapore. I will visit when I'm in SE Asia. Great people, diving and street food.