• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Random Lifestyle Vlogs first year as a channel! We need your feedback

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Randomlifestylevlog
Title of thread: Random Lifestyle Vlogs first year as a channel! We need your feedback
Self review: Hey everyone we are Random Lifestyle Vlog and we are a cosmetics, Lifestyle and beauty channel that has been going since February 2020! Like many people we spend hours researching, trying out new things to better our channel. For instance we developed our thumbnails to try and have more consistency. We shortened our intro because we had feedback it was too long.We are looking to get overall feedback on the channel as a whole , what you think works and doesn't work. You will see clear changes from older videos to newer ones as well! We want to really start 2021 with a bang so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/randomlifestylevlog
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/35252/

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Alright ma'am... I took a look at your channel and here is what I have for you:

Channel Comments
The initial impact of your channel is great. Your branding is clean, concise and very professional looking. Great banner, great thumbnails. Well done, I have nothing negative to say about any of that!

Video Comments
Your most recent video is right about 6 minutes... I saw that and thought 'yeah, that is a comfortable amount of time to spend familiarizing myself with your content.' While scrolling through your content I saw that you are doing 20-30 minute videos and Iwas immediately turned away. Not necessarily because that is a bad length; I don't have 30 minutes to watch a video in order to provide a channel review and I didn't want to negatively affect your retention. But it is worth considering if you are having any AVD or retention issues. I do like that you are comfortable posting thirty minute videos as well as six minute videos; I think it is a good thing to change it up for your audience as well as being mindful of how long a video needs to be based on content rather than forcing a set time limit for no real reason.

Technical Improvement
You make very clean videos, but there are some things you could focus on to improve the quality of your content. The main things being to study and revamp your audio. You have a bit of an echo in your audio. It isn't terrible (there is nothing terrible about anything on your channel). But an improvement to your audio will make a bigger impact than you think. I suggest doing some soundproofing to the recording space that you use; it is as simple as hanging some thick material on the walls when you record. Of course a nice mic helps as well, but soundproofing alone will make a vast improvement to your audio. It doesn't hurt to practice and play with some simple sound-engineering stuff either. Regarding your video I would highly suggest recording clean B-Roll of the products that you are showing the viewier; for example the earrings and champagne flutes you show in your most recent video. Take some well lit video of that products and place that video as a top-layer when editing. It gives the viewer a much better, close-up look of the product you are talking about and it allows you the opportunity to really get close, high-quality footage. As it stands the products are nearly unseeable.

You do great work and it is obvious that you are putting some SERIOUS work into your channel (you have put out a LOT of content recently!). Kudos to you! Good luck ma'am and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey there this is Rob from RLV. I'm the one who chats on here Paulina hasn't used these forums yet :)! Thank you kindly for the positive words as well as the structured feedback. We do indeed spend a lot of time on the channel. Our channel is mainly focused on cosmetics, lifestyle and beauty. A large chunk of the channel is subscription boxes and unboxing them. At the moment it is advent calendar season so a lot of our videos are in the longer length region. But I agree, hopefully, in the new year we hopefully refocus and videos will be slightly shorter. Audience retention is one thing I have noticed could be better.

She is the main face of the channel and I do all the video editing. With regards to audio, I couldn't agree more. We have a Canon M50 coming today I believe and I have a Rode shotgun mic which will go on top so it is an improvement in the pipeline for videos in the near future. And as for the close-ups, we actually use to do this in earlier videos but as it is only me editing, it was becoming a lot of work to 3-4 videos a week so we stopped it. I will reconsider going back to that in the new year.

Thank you for the kind words once again and we hope you have a great festive season too!

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
I love the consistency and high output of videos. Great thumbnail images. I would say if the text could be bigger, it'll be easier to read. I had this same exact issue as well. I thought I made the font size big enough but when looking at it through a phone, the font was barely legible.
I really like your subscribe + bell gif that's added. If you don't mind me asking how did you make that? I tried doing it but I was only able to add a still image.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I love the consistency and high output of videos. Great thumbnail images. I would say if the text could be bigger, it'll be easier to read. I had this same exact issue as well. I thought I made the font size big enough but when looking at it through a phone, the font was barely legible.
I really like your subscribe + bell gif that's added. If you don't mind me asking how did you make that? I tried doing it but I was only able to add a still image.
There are loads of ones on youtube royalty-free. Search for subscribe button greenscreen and then download the youtube video of your choice. Add it to your video editing program and then use a keyer to cut out the background! There are also sites that you can download them from!

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Reactions: golfwithjohn
OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
So we have updated our channel and would like to get some more feedback! What do you guys think! We have updated our thumbnails recently!