• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Watch time from subscribers vs non-subs

Gary L

My watch time for subscribers to non-subscribers is 3% : 97% (sorry for the earlier typing error. I've edited the numbers. 3% are from subscribers)
I am not sure what the average should be but 3% sounds low. I read somewhere that this means I am not providing enough value for viewers to subscribe. Is this accurate?
How do I find out what values my viewers are looking for?

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Just curious, did you mean to say that non-subs were 3%? Because the way you posted it comes off backwards which would be amazingly good. As for figuring out what value to put to get people to subscribe that's part of creating the content. The average person doesn't covert views to subs so easily. Targeting a specific audience, or as we call it finding your ideal audience is key to getting more viewers and having better chances of converting views into subs. Nick Nimmin has some good ideas in this video you might wanna check out.

OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

Just curious, did you mean to say that non-subs were 3%? Because the way you posted it comes off backwards which would be amazingly good. As for figuring out what value to put to get people to subscribe that's part of creating the content. The average person doesn't covert views to subs so easily. Targeting a specific audience, or as we call it finding your ideal audience is key to getting more viewers and having better chances of converting views into subs. Nick Nimmin has some good ideas in this video you might wanna check out.

Hi, I mean only 3% of my views are from non-subscribers.
Thanks for the video!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi, I mean only 3% of my views are from non-subscribers.
Thanks for the video!
If only 3% of your views are from non subscribers, it means you probably need to look at your impressions and SEO as it means that basically no one is finding you through search or suggested which sounds strange.

Then again, you hide your sub count, so if you hide your subcount, I wonder if that actually impact the data you'd get from subs vs non subs?

Ideally you want a lot more people who AREN'T subscribed watching you, as this also helps you potentially gain more subscribers. If 97% of your views are from subscribers, that means no one new is discovering you, which means you won't get much opportunity to grow.

It depends on how many subscribers you have as well. You've hidden them so we can't see, but if you have a low sub count to begin with, that probably means you're still relying on friends and family to watch your video when you need to focus more on you SEO for discoverability.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
My channel is the other way around. Basted on last 28 days 3.8% of my watch time was from subscribers, 95.1% was from non subscribers (yes I know that's not 100% combined, but that's whats YouTube says). I'll guess it makes sentence since my most popular content are tutorials so I get a lot of people finding my guides from search. And if a guide helped you with your problem you often don't have much reason to come back.

OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

If only 3% of your views are from non subscribers, it means you probably need to look at your impressions and SEO as it means that basically no one is finding you through search or suggested which sounds strange.

Then again, you hide your sub count, so if you hide your subcount, I wonder if that actually impact the data you'd get from subs vs non subs?

Ideally you want a lot more people who AREN'T subscribed watching you, as this also helps you potentially gain more subscribers. If 97% of your views are from subscribers, that means no one new is discovering you, which means you won't get much opportunity to grow.

It depends on how many subscribers you have as well. You've hidden them so we can't see, but if you have a low sub count to begin with, that probably means you're still relying on friends and family to watch your video when you need to focus more on you SEO for discoverability.
Thanks for the info. Something to think about.

My channel is the other way around. Basted on last 28 days 3.8% of my watch time was from subscribers, 95.1% was from non subscribers (yes I know that's not 100% combined, but that's whats YouTube says). I'll guess it makes sentence since my most popular content are tutorials so I get a lot of people finding my guides from search. And if a guide helped you with your problem you often don't have much reason to come back.
I made a typo error. It's 3% from subscribers. :(