• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Removing Duplicate Tags should be case insensitive

JoeGlines

I love the ability to sort my tags! When sorting tags the button to remove duplicates is really helpful however it doesn't remove duplicate tags that are different cases (For instance: TubeBuddy and tubebuddy would get flagged as a duplicate however, when you click remove dupcliates, it doesn't remove anything because the comparison is being done case sensitive. The comparison should not care about case!)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I love the ability to sort my tags! When sorting tags the button to remove duplicates is really helpful however it doesn't remove duplicate tags that are different cases (For instance: TubeBuddy and tubebuddy would get flagged as a duplicate however, when you click remove dupcliates, it doesn't remove anything because the comparison is being done case sensitive. The comparison should not care about case!)

I don't disagree it SHOULD be doing this, but will send to the devs and see what they say!

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What Andrew said. I will ask though, does this mean you CAN add duplicates if it's a different case? because in new studio I've noticed if I try to add a tag I've already added it won't add the tag as it's already there.

BUT, having said that, I've noticed under settings in channel keywords, you CAN add multiple tags repeatedly, especially if there's a long list of them (people tend to not know channel keywords are even a thing, so big thanks to Andrew for teaching us about that one. That was a big takeaway for me this year)
And I can't see any way to sort channel keywords, so I'd like to add that to the suggestion @Andrew or should I make a separate suggestion?