• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Recipe Thumbnail

MANUELJARAGONS

TubeBuddy User
www.manueljaragons.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey guys, I'm starting out with my food channel. And this is the first thumbnail I'm going to use.. the idea is to keep a consistent theme on the thumbnails, I would like to read your comments and see what I can implement on the next thumbnail.

Let me know your thoughts
Sobrebarriga.png

Reactions: HOTFRUIT
OP
OP
MANUELJARAGONS

MANUELJARAGONS

TubeBuddy User
www.manueljaragons.com
Subscriber Goal
So I did experiment making myself a bit lighter and I popped a bit more from the background (Thank you for that suggestion)... BUT I said "what if I flip everything?" Since we read from left to right, and I want to emphasise the food... And now, I have this second option. What do you think?
Sobrebarriga-final.png

Quite clean. I think you may want to get a little tighter in on you you tough.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think it is good. Wha you may want to pay attention to as you release more videos is how do different videos perform based on how you are framed in the thumbnail.

Reactions: MANUELJARAGONS

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not bad. I agree you might want to zoom in on you a bit more, and I'd personally do a bit more with the text. It's readable, the font is readable, but I'm not 100% a fan of it. Also, it looks like the dish is side on, while the frame is circulat to look like it's top down. My instinct would be to zoom in a little more to fill the whole of the circular frame, but I don't mind the white space.

I think playing around with the text a little more might help, but overall it's quite a good thumbnail.

A suggestion in terms of the photo of you... instead of pointing to the text, perhaps point to the food instead with a really hungry expression. Looking at the text is fine, but looking at the camera or at the food with a really hungry expression (maybe licking the lips, or holding a knife and fork) might draw even more attention.

• Love
OP
OP
MANUELJARAGONS

MANUELJARAGONS

TubeBuddy User
www.manueljaragons.com
Subscriber Goal
Not bad. I agree you might want to zoom in on you a bit more, and I'd personally do a bit more with the text. It's readable, the font is readable, but I'm not 100% a fan of it. Also, it looks like the dish is side on, while the frame is circulat to look like it's top down. My instinct would be to zoom in a little more to fill the whole of the circular frame, but I don't mind the white space.

I think playing around with the text a little more might help, but overall it's quite a good thumbnail.

A suggestion in terms of the photo of you... instead of pointing to the text, perhaps point to the food instead with a really hungry expression. Looking at the text is fine, but looking at the camera or at the food with a really hungry expression (maybe licking the lips, or holding a knife and fork) might draw even more attention.
Thank you! Your comments and feedback are very appreciated and spot on... Could you tell me what font would you use? (for reference purposes)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you! Your comments and feedback are very appreciated and spot on... Could you tell me what font would you use? (for reference purposes)
To be honest, I'm not sure what font I'd recommend. Sometimes I find fonts to be a personal choice thing. I can sometimes spend hours just going through fonts to see which work the best. I do find "Impact" works well, but it does have a bit of a dated vibe now, but you can always try to see how it works. Fonts can always surprise you with how well they can work. I've also had fonts I loved that actually didn't fit the theme of a thumb I was working on.

minusthirtyfilms

TubeBuddy Pro
www.minusthirtyfilms.com
Subscriber Goal
So I did experiment making myself a bit lighter and I popped a bit more from the background (Thank you for that suggestion)... BUT I said "what if I flip everything?" Since we read from left to right, and I want to emphasise the food... And now, I have this second option. What do you think?View attachment 8296
That's nice. What do you use to make your thumbnails?