• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life My project partner is toxic

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My final year project partner is the most unsupportive person I've met in my life. He is not even delivering 10% of his 50% of the work that should be done. Am I supposed to inform this to the supervisor ?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is a tough call... and not one that I or anyone else here is qualified to fully answer. I wouldn't suggest reporting him right off the bat... doing so is going to call into question whether you have anything to do with a possible rift between you. Rather, I would suggest first going to the supervisor and requesting their insight and opinion on how to address and improve the performance of several select things about the situation that seems 'a little uneven at the moment.'

For starters buttering up the supervisor never hurts. And attempting to seek instruction on how to improve a situation rather than approaching it as a burden that that needs to be relieved is going to go over much better.

Reactions: Cheche004
OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
That is a tough call... and not one that I or anyone else here is qualified to fully answer. I wouldn't suggest reporting him right off the bat... doing so is going to call into question whether you have anything to do with a possible rift between you. Rather, I would suggest first going to the supervisor and requesting their insight and opinion on how to address and improve the performance of several select things about the situation that seems 'a little uneven at the moment.'

For starters buttering up the supervisor never hurts. And attempting to seek instruction on how to improve a situation rather than approaching it as a burden that that needs to be relieved is going to go over much better.
Thank you so much for the advice. I will call my supervisor tomorrow morning!

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB