• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Opinion Is it healthy to do 100 squats per day for 30 days

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You could probably ask your doctor this? :p I don't think that kind of question is really best suited for a non doctor. But who knows, maybe we have some doctors in the house who know. I'd imagine it's fine.

OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
H
You could probably ask your doctor this? :p I don't think that kind of question is really best suited for a non doctor. But who knows, maybe we have some doctors in the house who know. I'd imagine it's fine.
Haha yeah! thanks for that XD

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
(Not medical advice for you, just speaking in generalities) For someone with no health problems at all? 100 bodyweight squats shouldnΓÇÖt be a problem generally

but yeah, talk to your physician before starting any drastic changes in diet/exercise and report any new symptoms to them

I will also say that if someone starts a new exercise intensity that they arenΓÇÖt use to it can hurt so usually we advise patients to ease into it. If someone wanted to be doing 100 squats/day we might say start with 20 for a week and move up from there

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
The real question is why do you want to do 100 squats a day for 30 days? Is it a personal challenge? Are you trying to build muscle in the lower body? Are you trying to lose weight?

Also how it is that you're doing your squats, in terms of with or without weights also plays a factor. If it's without weights and if it's something you can easily do on a daily basis then I think it's manageable. However, if it's with weights, I do not recommend it, your legs will be sore beyond imaginable. Because with any kind of weight training, rest days are a must. Something for you to think about. Hope this helps :)