• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Is the music suitable for my video? Does it matter?

Motherwool

User name: Motherwool
Title of thread: Is the music suitable for my video? Does it matter?
Self review: This video is a review of my so loved Grill, plus me making the cheeseburgers, and is my most watched video. I want to know whether you think I should do more like this but, with music typically used for cooking videos or is the feel of the music suited for the video?
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJMutlt8EUU

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/34685/post-109514

Reactions: dani7

arnauros

Subscriber Goal
Hi Motherwool!

Music in your videos is supposed to accompany the sentiment you are trying to convey to the audience. Playing up-tempo music will generally make your videos feel more, dare I say up-tempo? In my opinion, the music you added, in the end, fit great with how that burger looked! It felt right for me!

HOTFRUIT

TubeBuddy Star
hotfruit.org
Subscriber Goal
Hello from Ireland. Your video was great!! Really instructive. Cooking burgers reminds me of the summer and good times. Id love to hear a more upbeat backing track. Something more lively and happy. Well done. Best of luck.
Love your icing your daughters birthday cake video too :) really fun.

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Hey there,

So recently as an example we tried out music on our channel under the main speech (throughout the video). And we got feedback that someone found it distracting. What I like here is your use of music at points where it feels right, where you are not necessarily talking but demonstrating or making something.

My first impressions of the video were great! I would consider fading music in and out in the future to help with fluency. Also with regards to the type of music think on what your video topic is and if the music suits it. Instrumental music is better if your talking so there are no distractions. Of course, music is a reflection of personality but as an example I wouldn't put something to dramatic to a happy scene. The music at the felt a little to dramatic for showing burgers. However, the upbeat tempo definitely works.

Keep up the great work and I wish you all the best on your development!

UFO CHASER

Subscriber Goal
I thought you did a fantastic job! Very informative and you have a nice clear tone of voice. As far as the music goes, my opinion is that with your type of channel if you're going to be talking about the subject most of the time, then I would maybe just limit the music to the intro, or during certain points throughout the video. Also if you choose to have background music the entire length of the video, fading it in or out and the volume level of the music and your voice is really key. And with the type of music you choose, I say go with your gut feeling of what you believe sounds good to you and your videos, that is a big part of what makes it uniquely different and yours. Keep up the great job and much love - UFO CHASER

Reactions: SteveE

SteveE

Subscriber Goal
Hello Motherwool... I thought the music was done well. I'd say personally that the music was about 80-90% correct for the video. It seemed to increase in volume at the right times... only a couple of times did it seem intrusive on the dialog. Overall, I liked the video, your dialog seemed clear and everything you said made sense. In my opinion, I would have edited that down to under 10 minutes, if I was searching to find out about that product, I might have clicked away looking for quick answers. It seems like nowadays everyone's attention span is much shorter. Loved seeing the outcome of the video was some delicious burgers. Hopefully this is helpful, it is my first time offering critique like this and only want to provide positive support.

TechSpaceAu

My only feedback is is you have 10 second to grab someone attention. The only thing is nothing is happening for the first 10 sec. I would try saying hi this video is about this and lets jump into it. then play your intro clip of the grill. you only have one shot to grab people attention and tell them what the video all about and why they should watch it..

Reactions: SteveE