• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help My tags rank at first and then after a day goes away?

Vee

I put my tags and TubeBuddy always says it's ranking and then after day (sometimes a few hours) none of my tags are ranking? Why is that?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Competition. I am literally in a battle for a specific key word. I rank with it every time I post. Then the person who I take it from posts and they get it back. So there is no guarantee that once you rank it keyword it will stay ranked. Content is fluid and constantly changing.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Competition. I am literally in a battle for a specific key word. I rank with it every time I post. Then the person who I take it from posts and they get it back. So there is no guarantee that once you rank it keyword it will stay ranked. Content is fluid and constantly changing.
yep, this.

Ranking one day doesn't guarantee you'll ALWAYS be ranking at the exact same position if someone puts out a better video on you on a topic.

And not using incognito mode will always be biased.

Bulltahr

Motorcycles, since the 80's......
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes, as above, make sure that you are in incognito mode, unless you want to know where they rank for you personally............

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yes, as above, make sure that you are in incognito mode, unless you want to know where they rank for you personally............
I didn't know the difference the score made with and without using Incognito Mode. Can you explain more details about this ? Because I haven't try using Incognito Mode while tinkering with keywords. Thank you.

Bulltahr

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I didn't know the difference the score made with and without using Incognito Mode. Can you explain more details about this ? Because I haven't try using Incognito Mode while tinkering with keywords. Thank you.
As I understand it, Incognito mode is based on no search habits, whereas the "For you" mode shows the rankings based on your own account search habits. You definetly want the incognito mode which is far more accurate in showing where you video sits in ranking for that keyword and for the general public, who I assume has a "neutral" search history on that keyword...

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
As I understand it, Incognito mode is based on no search habits, whereas the "For you" mode shows the rankings based on your own account search habits. You definetly want the incognito mode which is far more accurate in showing where you video sits in ranking for that keyword and for the general public, who I assume has a "neutral" search history on that keyword...
So, if I login to my google account in Incognito Mode, google/youtube wont look for search history based on my search habits ? Before this, I already turn off search history on my google account also on my youtube watch/search history. Will this be any different than using Incognito Mode ?

amakkar1

Subscriber Goal
WOw ! Great I Idea never thought of it

Bulltahr

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So, if I login to my google account in Incognito Mode, google/youtube wont look for search history based on my search habits ? Before this, I already turn off search history on my google account also on my youtube watch/search history. Will this be any different than using Incognito Mode ?
I'm talking only about inside of TubeBuddy, when you click on "show search rankings" for a video, (In the TubeBuddy window on the right of the video..........)

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm talking only about inside of TubeBuddy, when you click on "show search rankings" for a video, (In the TubeBuddy window on the right of the video..........)
Ahh, I thought Incognito Mode in browser, lol my bad.

Btw, you mean inside TubeBuddy settings ? Like in this picture

Capture.JPG

Bulltahr

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Exactly! And you will see this if you use Videolytics, in the bottom of the TubeBuddy window.

Reactions: tropicthunder