• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear HyperX Quad or Solo?

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I am trying to decide between the HyperX Quad and HyperX Solo. From what I have seen from reviews the quality is about the same as far as I am aware. The only big difference is price. The Quad is $140 and the Solo is $60. I am leaning more toward the HyperX Quad because of the built in Shock Mount and Build In Pop Filter. So that would leave just buying a Boom Arm. Just wanting some opinions on the matter though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Explorer Gaming

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I am trying to decide between the HyperX Quad and HyperX Solo. From what I have seen from reviews the quality is about the same as far as I am aware. The only big difference is price. The Quad is $140 and the Solo is $60. I am leaning more toward the HyperX Quad because of the built in Shock Mount and Build In Pop Filter. So that would leave just buying a Boom Arm. Just wanting some opinions on the matter though. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Definitely nothing wrong with the HyperX Quad, but you are now at a price point where companies like Elgato are releasing very impressive gear with some really cool software. Might want to compare with the Elgato Wave:3

Reactions: XenoBubbaGaming
OP
OP
XenoBubbaGaming

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have heard a lot about Elgato. I think I will look into it and check out the reviews and such. Thanks for the suggestion!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I have heard a lot about Elgato. I think I will look into it and check out the reviews and such. Thanks for the suggestion!
The most interesting/unique thing that they are doing is including a compressor in the mic itself to stop clipping. Then pairing it with software to give you a very functional virtual mixer.

Reactions: XenoBubbaGaming
OP
OP
XenoBubbaGaming

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The most interesting/unique thing that they are doing is including a compressor in the mic itself to stop clipping. Then pairing it with software to give you a very functional virtual mixer.
Oh wow. That would help a lot with the overall quality and make it much Clearer. I don't know a lot about Audio but messing around with OBS sound settings has helped a bit with that. I at least got my A10 headset Mic sounding decent I think. So I can imagine that I can get a better mic sounding good. Hopefully lol