• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Improving my views on old uploads

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm noticing that only my last 20 uploads are being viewed, how do I improve the views on my remaining uploads? (I donΓÇÖt have a laptop) all my work is carried out by my iPhone.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You could go into you video analytics on the creator studio app, "go to video analytics" to to the discovery tag, and then look at your impressions clickthrough rate. if it's low, then you can work on improving your thumbnail (I have a really high performing video with about 20k impressions in the last 28 days, the click through is 3.2 so I guess that tells me I could improve my thumbnail or maybe improve my title to make it more clickable)
you could also check how your tag scores are in the tubebuddy app and if there's room for improvement in your tags, you could improve them a bit more.

Just remember though, "improving" videos comes with a risk. You might THINK you have a great new thumbnail that might perform better, but it may end up performing WORSE (I've seen this happen) so generally, if your video is performing really well... make more of them.

OP
OP
Uncle Momo

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You could go into you video analytics on the creator studio app, "go to video analytics" to to the discovery tag, and then look at your impressions clickthrough rate. if it's low, then you can work on improving your thumbnail (I have a really high performing video with about 20k impressions in the last 28 days, the click through is 3.2 so I guess that tells me I could improve my thumbnail or maybe improve my title to make it more clickable)
you could also check how your tag scores are in the tubebuddy app and if there's room for improvement in your tags, you could improve them a bit more.

Just remember though, "improving" videos comes with a risk. You might THINK you have a great new thumbnail that might perform better, but it may end up performing WORSE (I've seen this happen) so generally, if your video is performing really well... make more of them.
thank you, itΓÇÖs a bit of a seesaw on youtube

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
My click through rate is 5.3 is that good?
If your impressions are high I'd say yes, but like andrew says, if your impressions are a lot lower, a high ctr isn't as impressive. Like, 100 impressions at 5% means 5% of 100 people have seen your video, which is 5 people. but 5% of 100,000 or even 5% of 1 million impressions is a nice high number. I used to average around 5% and normally I'd be "ok" with that, but I'd rather get mine up to 7%. but I have a lot of videos with 3%-4% which I'm looking to change up and improve.

If you have a LOT of impressions, and a high click through rate, it means people like the thumb or the title and topic. but if you have a low click through rate, it means either your thumb wasn't entiticing, or the topic and title wasn't interesting enough. On old videos though, all you can really change is the thumb and maybe the title to be more interesting on first impression. So I'm going through all my old videos to see what I can tweak for some small improvements overall.