• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question T.V for a Secondary Screen for Streaming?

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have been thinking of using my TV for a Secondary to help with Streaming but not sure if it is something that is recommended or if I should just hold off until I get an actual Monitor. Anyone have any experience in this or at least some feedback? Any feedback is appreciated.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't suppose it would actually hurt. Most TV's will will accept a 1080p hdmi feed, which is likely the same resolution or less than you would have on a second monitor. So the load impact on your pc will be the same whether you add a second monitor or a TV.

Reactions: XenoBubbaGaming
OP
OP
XenoBubbaGaming

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't suppose it would actually hurt. Most TV's will will accept a 1080p hdmi feed, which is likely the same resolution or less than you would have on a second monitor. So the load impact on your pc will be the same whether you add a second monitor or a TV.
Thank you. I think I am going to get that set up and running. Greatly appreciate the information.

OP
OP
XenoBubbaGaming

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There is no downside to it. Usually TVs have a lower refresh rate, but even newer ones don't have that issue as much.
Yeah but I just intend to use the TV for keeping track of the Stream and Chat mainly. Then use my Monitor for the game for Full Screen. So it's a good thing I decided that route then lol

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
plenty of people use their tv as a secondary. there's no rule to say how you should or shouldn't use a TV. some use a tv simply as a background graphic or for some stage branding. Go for it :)

Reactions: XenoBubbaGaming
OP
OP
XenoBubbaGaming

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
plenty of people use their tv as a secondary. there's no rule to say how you should or shouldn't use a TV. some use a tv simply as a background graphic or for some stage branding. Go for it :)
Thanks for the response! I am going to set my TV up and get it setup. :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws