• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Feel like Channel has Stalled out

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: Jbrame
Title of thread: Feel like Channel has Stalled out
Self review: I have been working on our channel since March this year. I have been using TubeBuddy since April. It seems like we are making quality content, good thumbnails and using TubeBuddy to get keywording and SEO right but we just canΓÇÖt seem to get a break on views. I think we have a great channel, fun content and give something back in whiskey reviews and pop culture talk.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUFzL5em-aT5jeDb46zKwiQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/34728/post-108466

• Love
Reactions: Comfort Adejoh

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
Hi @Jbrame. Good job sticking with it and continue publishing videos. 1st off, I think the thumbnails are great and an eye catcher. Definitely drew me in to learn what your channel is about.

I've looked older video and the newest one.
1. Add endcaps calling users to subscribe! Go back to your older videos and add them! For me, my number one goal is increasing subscribers. These are people who will see my post even if the SEO wasn't perfect. Each new subscriber means that much more viewer for any new video.
2. Call to action image overlay.
3. Based on some endings you had, it sounded like you post every week. But I couldn't find it anywhere in the page. Having a clear upload schedule can bring back viewers and make it a habit. E.G https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Vbf52299KSHRMx82t_eiA/ on the banner I added when I upload.

Reactions: Jbrame

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Jbrame,

Great thumbnails and graphics! Can tell you put a lot of effort into those.

One thought I have when I look through your channel, is that you are targeting multiple topics. A result of that is that YouTube may not know what your channel is actually about what keywords to rank you on from that perspective, and subscribers might only be interested in one of the multiple topics. I've been advised similar for a gaming channel, to only stick to one or 2 games in the beginning and keep giving your subscribers the content they are looking for. I'm not sure if everyone will agree...

On the channel layout itself, there are some improvements you can make on the lists. You have one called "Latest Episdes", but the videos are 3 months old. On a quick pass it looks like you dont upload anymore:

1605807311439.png

The channel banner you could adjust the image a bit so the text doesn't get cut off on the bottom. Also, if you have any other social platforms, you can add their links to the bottom right of the banner, or just add another subscribe button:

1605807479664.png

Reactions: Jbrame
OP
OP
Jbrame

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Jbrame. Good job sticking with it and continue publishing videos. 1st off, I think the thumbnails are great and an eye catcher. Definitely drew me in to learn what your channel is about.

I've looked older video and the newest one.
1. Add endcaps calling users to subscribe! Go back to your older videos and add them! For me, my number one goal is increasing subscribers. These are people who will see my post even if the SEO wasn't perfect. Each new subscriber means that much more viewer for any new video.
2. Call to action image overlay.
3. Based on some endings you had, it sounded like you post every week. But I couldn't find it anywhere in the page. Having a clear upload schedule can bring back viewers and make it a habit. E.G https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Vbf52299KSHRMx82t_eiA/ on the banner I added when I upload.

Thanks for the feedback. We post twice a week. Says it in our channel info, but maybe I should include it in the banner too. We do a call to action at the beginning of each video, that tends to be more recommended than the end, just in case they don't watch a video to its end. Also at this moment in time we have yet to get viewing retention above 40% so they are not watching till the end at this point yet.

Thanks for checking us out.

Reactions: golfwithjohn
OP
OP
Jbrame

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Jbrame,

Great thumbnails and graphics! Can tell you put a lot of effort into those.

One thought I have when I look through your channel, is that you are targeting multiple topics. A result of that is that YouTube may not know what your channel is actually about what keywords to rank you on from that perspective, and subscribers might only be interested in one of the multiple topics. I've been advised similar for a gaming channel, to only stick to one or 2 games in the beginning and keep giving your subscribers the content they are looking for. I'm not sure if everyone will agree...

On the channel layout itself, there are some improvements you can make on the lists. You have one called "Latest Episdes", but the videos are 3 months old. On a quick pass it looks like you dont upload anymore:

View attachment 8193

The channel banner you could adjust the image a bit so the text doesn't get cut off on the bottom. Also, if you have any other social platforms, you can add their links to the bottom right of the banner, or just add another subscribe button:

View attachment 8194

Our topic is pop culture and whiskey. Thats our two topics. Obviously that varies just like any topic, such as video games (different game each time) but other than that I can't see how to be any more precise than that. Currently we do a pop culture subject/whiskey each week.
We are currently updating twice a week. One as Whiskey Pop (pop culture topic mixed with whiskey) and a straight up whiskey review called Second Pour (usually a follow up review of the whiskey we drank in Whiskey Pop episode).
I think I figured out why you saw it as if we had not uploaded in three months, its because that recent list had it set to manual instead of newest first. Weird, but glad you pointed that out.

Thanks for the feedback!!