• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice What is the best technique for gaming channel?

Viridis Gameplay

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
All of my videos just have back ground music. I don't do voice over or whatever like the other streamers do. Do you have any tips ?

Reactions: UnicornedYT

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would suggest becoming more co fident and working towards being on camera. Its not required... but those channels seem to perform far better from what i have seen.

Nody | Team TB

Administrator
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yes, even I just do voice-over and gameplay recording but I guess, it's best to eventually come on camera, interact with your fans/community and let them know that you're doing your best for them. I don't have a good camera, it's of some "Fingers" company, 1080p 30 FPS, but I guess, it's best to at least start.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I been doing a channel with my son, no camera yet but use a mic now. Maybe in a couple months we'll add a camera, still need to buy one, with a green screen and key light. I think people like to subscribe to a person or personality, and you need the minimum of voice for that.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Think about the audience you're trying to reach. Or what we call your ideal audience. In this case your aim is currently an audience who enjoys gameplay of certain games with certain music in the background and no commentary from the creator. Now you have to figure out if this is the audience you want or perhaps you might consider a different kind of audience. You'll have to consider what type of content you want and what type of content draws a bigger audience since that is what everyone usually wants. You'll have to find that balance. It may mean having to do commentary, perhaps add a webcam to the video as well. Maybe you'll need special effects, comedy or really cool transitions. Music in the background is not a problem. Personally, I prefer the game to stand out over the music thus I put my music lower than the gameplay.

UnicornedYT

Subscriber Goal
not having voice overs can make things a little more difficult but not entirely impossible. if you can, I suggest adding voice overs.. it keeps users focused, you can engage discussions however I completely understand if you can't.

Sounds/visual --- you can use stream labs OBS or OBS to assign sounds/gifs etc to hotkeys so when something interesting happens (you win a round, find treasure, beat a boss battle etc) you can hit that assigned key to have something pop on screen to grab attention.

Overlays --- if you're playing a game like among us - you can set a manual slideshow in obs with hotkeys to swap overlays depending what side you're on (See attached gif as an example). Overlays can add an interesting element your videos without needing a voice!

Question of the day/text commentary -- With my streams I use the same overlay technique to add a "question of day" to engage comments! if is a recorded video, adding text on screen when you want to say something can work too!

Text to speech commentary -- I don't usually recommend this one but if its not having audio equipment or just not wanting your voice on video etc, you can use sites like https://ttsmp3.com/ to insert a written script, choose a voice and download your script as an audio file. I recommend using this very sparingly if you use this option... it can get very overused and result in loss of audience retention.

I hope these help!

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
    606.2 KB · Views: 132