• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question reupload

Star of Brawl

Subscriber Goal
I would say sure but do it with caution because some of your subscribers might have seen it before. Also unless you have unlisted your other video, the two video might siphon views from each other.

Reactions: fillamenta

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you take down the original. My guess would be even with edited footage, there would still be enough footage that's similar enough for YouTube to scan and possibly flag it.
If you've taken it down or privated it, you can re-upload it if it belongs to you. If it's someone else's footage and you've re-edited, then no because the YouTube copyright systems will still catch it. But if you published the original video a long time ago, took it down and want to re-upload it with new edits I see no issue with that. I'm thinking about doing that with some of my very old content.

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I know I wish I could update/upload with a edited video without deleting it and then change keywording and thumbnail but keep the stats.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I know I wish I could update/upload with a edited video without deleting it and then change keywording and thumbnail but keep the stats.
That would be nice, but people could also abuse that and add in random footages or if your channel's hacked and they insert inappropriate content to your most popular video.