• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Need help with Dead Sub Accounts

Astrophel Vlad

I have just around 938 subscribers now.
That's quite a few for a channel like mine, I usually make Let's Play videos in games with some fun & jokes in between.
I've been on youtube for almost over 3 years now, but I've only been actively uploading videos for 1.5 - 2 years.
It was because I lost all my resources to be able to make content, it took me quite sometime to make the money for the stuff needed.
I didn't get alot of attention when I was active, but when I was away, my channel seemed to have gone up.
But I did always respond to people, the videos I used to make were regarding Asphalt 8 Tips & Tricks, walkthroughs - mobile gaming, usually a point of interest for many kids.
But after I've come back, I was no longer in a position to make Asphalt 8, so I took up PC gaming. I've never really received any good response.
I had to look into benchmark videos on the laptop I just bought, cause the only people who got back were them.

So, here's my thought, my Asphalt 8 videos and Benchmark videos are doing good enough. My let's play videos barely even get 5 views.
Irrespective, I don't get much views or watch time from my subscribers. Barely around 2 - 4%.
I think all my subscriber accounts are actually not working anymore as the kids moved on, I tried to get back to many, but no result.
And the fact that youtube is comparing my Asphalt 8 and Benchmark video audience to Lets play audience is not forgiving and hence not letting me reach my audience.
I've tried all the tricks with SEO, video optimization and everything in between, I'm ALWAYS engaging with viewers whenever i get a chance to.
I'm really putting in hard work... I feel bad.
I really want to get to my audience and leave all this mess behind, how do i deal with dead sub accounts?
I may reach 1K subs in the next couple of months, maybe posts will help me get back to people better.
I'm also thinking bout making a video asking people to kindly unsub if they aren't watching and explain that they could still follow me.
Any input will be much appreciated, sorry about the lengthy thread, I just wanted to explain everything.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are doing great in search... my thought is why do you care? You have an audience (that is nearly large enough to push you into YPP) and your content is evergreen... that's a win! Go all in, start making videos again and just keep chugging along. It may take a bit for the vids to take off again but you have a solid foundation and your channel is working. I say run with what you got dead subs be damned.

OP
OP
Astrophel Vlad

Astrophel Vlad

You are doing great in search... my thought is why do you care? You have an audience (that is nearly large enough to push you into YPP) and your content is evergreen... that's a win! Go all in, start making videos again and just keep chugging along. It may take a bit for the vids to take off again but you have a solid foundation and your channel is working. I say run with what you got dead subs be damned.
I agree with @Stanley Orchard, just keep going!
Thank you for your response!
I understand what you guys are trying to say, I'm like a really "push hard" "adamant" irrespective type of guy, so yes, I will keep pushing no matter what.
I can just keep uploading, it's just that.. i just don't feel good, having 900+ subs and getting 5 views or so on the videos i want my channel to be focused around for further foundation doesn't help. It's like just me all alone, talking to myself.
Moreover, there's quite a bit of competition (in my field of interest), me shining through would be a miracle maybe (cause my lets play videos get hindered- i think), idk...
Talking about YPP, i only have 1550ish hours of watch time, well yes, i did get most of it in the past 6 months (maybe I'm just rushing and expecting more?).
I just.. can't bare seeing people out there, making a meme or just share twitch clips and just blowing out in one day, while im here working day and night, doing 2 part times and college at the same time.
I really appreciate the kind words though!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You are effectively pivoting your channel... so getting minimal views while doing so stands to reason. Your audience isn't necessarily going to move along with you (regardless of whether they unsubscribe or not). But that's ok, it happens. Lean heavily into your optimization and focus on getting as much retention/AVD as possible. It will take a little time but you can pull that channel through it.

Reactions: Astrophel Vlad
OP
OP
Astrophel Vlad

Astrophel Vlad

That's true too.
Thank you for your support mate!
I'll keep pushing on then.
Hope you have a wonderful day and a great future to your channel as well!