• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Should I stick to this channel or create a new one?

Raval Kaur

User name: Raval Kaur
Title of thread: Should I stick to this channel or create a new one?
Self review: I have had a lot of sleessentipless nights and anxiety because of my youtube page. I eally started up as a beauty/Diy page back in 2018 and one of my DIY videos blew up to 10 million views. That video alone gave me 130,000 subscribers. I recently had a change of mind and decided to pursue self development. So I changed my niche and the views have been really bad. I am not sure what to do anymore. I don't want to talk about makeup or DIY anymore. So I am not sure what I should do. Should I stick to this channel or should I create a new channel? The indecisiveness has been killing me.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: www.youtube.com/c/ravalkaur
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33776/

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
Good for you! I'm learning it's hard work to gain views + subs working on my own channel. If you don't want your YT page to be about makeup or DIY feel free to change it. There's probably going to be many people who unsub due to your channel not being of interest to them anymore, but you'll still have tons of views/subs who may stick around. This gives you a leg up on YT showing your video to others.

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
After a certain point, I know some people who watch every video on a channel just simply because they enjoy the channel owner's personality. In my opinion, the channel owner's personality plays a decent factor when deciding if I'm going to subscribe to a channel. If you want to, you can create an announcement type video on your current channel announcing that you are starting a second channel and describe your second channel's niche. That way if your current subscribers want to, they can follow you on that second channel as well. This would keep your content on your current channel separate from the type of videos you would be posting on your new channel.

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think a large portion of YouTube creators know that their audience is their a major key factor to their success. I think if youΓÇÖre not feeling creatively passionate about what youΓÇÖre currently producing that will show up in your videos and to your general audience.
My suggestion would be to produce a video telling your audience where you are at and what ideas you have for a new channel. Then ask them to reply and give advice on what things you suggested creatively they would be interested in viewing and then go that direction for a while. See what happens. It would be good if you could produce both channels for a short time to see give your other channel audience time to see if they want to move to your new endeavor with you.
Best of luck,
Jeff

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you should stick to the same channel and tell them that you are changing your niche. And maybe you will loose a couple of subscribers. But when you start your niche you'll gain more.. Good luck girl!!

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Maybe you could ask your viewers if they'd be interested and leave comments to try and gauge what the reaction would be.
Could you not just have the new channel videos in a seperate playlist .

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
This is tough... I'm afraid there isn't a cut and dried easy solution. Or at least nothing that you are going to likely want to hear.

I've seen this happen before and what appeared to work best for them was this:

1. Start a new channel and do some double-time work on both channels for a month or so.

2. After you have a small library of videos on the second channel make a video on your first channel inviting viewers who will enjiy channel 2's type of content, and explain to your audience what is happening and why you are pivoting.

3. Switch the focus to channel 2, but continue to make regular (if even less frequent) posts to channel 1. This is simply to keep your finances rolling through the transition.

4. This is going to be where you sit until you are able to get a solid foundation on the second channel. When that happens you can transition fully to that channel.

This isn't easy. It will involve a little luck, a lot of skill and some solid perseverance. But this is at least one clear path to help clear things up for you. Hope it helps and I wish you the best of luck!

HOTFRUIT

TubeBuddy Star
hotfruit.org
Subscriber Goal
you have nearly 10 milltion views on how to grow your hair long. If it was me, id be making more of those videos.