• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Affiliate Question How Long Are Our Cookies Active?

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @SilentCashCow - great question! Congrats on getting really close to VIP status.

The quick answer is - there is no expiry on the cookies.

Here's a longer answer, that I pulled from a previous reply by @Phil :)

In this example, we'll say your affiliate code is "example"

That means your affiliate link is https://www.tubebuddy.com/example

What happens when someone clicks that link?
  • We place a cookie on their computer saying that they were referred to TubeBuddy.com from the "example" affiliate. This cookie does NOT expire.
  • If that person then logs into TubeBuddy.com or installs the plugin and signs into the plugin, we check the cookies on their computer, see that they were referred by "example" and the "example" affiliate code is forever associated with their User account. If they happen to sign into TubeBuddy with different Google accounts, every Google account that they sign in gets "example" applied to it.
  • If that same person then clicks someone else's affiliate link, it will NOT override your affiliate link. Credit always goes to the FIRST person that referred them to TubeBuddy.com. Same goes for you referring someone that was already referred by someone else - the original referrer gets credit.
  • If at any time in the future the person decides to pay for TubeBuddy upgrade, you will get credit. There are no limits on cookies or referral time frames. If you brought that person to TubeBuddy originally, they will always get credit if/when they sign up for a paid license.

I hope that helps, @SilentCashCow -- thanks again for the question!

If you have a follow-up question, feel free to drop it in here :)

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the speedy clarification Rob! #greatnews - What would you say is your conversion rate as far as when the customer installs it? I have 47 that have installed it but have yet to pull the trigger!

Hi @SilentCashCow - glad it helped :)

As for conversion rates, it definitely varies. One suggestion I would give is to perhaps try giving away a 30-Day Free Trial on any of our Paid Plans, using your affiliate code. Here's another forum thread where I give you a step-by-step on how to create this special promo link for your audience: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33983/

Reactions: SilentCashCow

GaugingGadgets

gauginggadgets.com
Subscriber Goal
As for conversion rates, it definitely varies. One suggestion I would give is to perhaps try giving away a 30-Day Free Trial on any of our Paid Plans, using your affiliate code. Here's another forum thread where I give you a step-by-step on how to create this special promo link for your audience: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/33983/

Just to confirm. Does this 30-Day Free Trial link offer the same cookie duration.

Reactions: RobBalasabas