• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Are my video titles consistent? Are you able to pick up my niche?

Firebrand

TubeBuddy User
User name: Firebrand
Title of thread: Are my video titles consistent? Are you able to pick up my niche?
Self review: I feel like i know what i want to post but at the same time i feel like IΓÇÖm not communicating my niche. I would love to know what you think about what my channel looks like, does it look interesting to you. IΓÇÖm going to be working on video quality as time goes by but would honestly like some feedback on the overall channel.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbcFsJWDQXXKiy9U093ucg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/32118/post-107684

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So I'm going to answer it just as you asked it.
First view, I assume you are a religious channel. But to your question, I'm not sure exactly what flavor religious channel. But with 9 videos, maybe you don't know your niche yourself? I mean that because it will take somewhere closer to 25-50 videos to really dial-in a niche.

That said, I see a religious channel and a username of "FireBrand" and that creates expectations of a certain persona. But your first video is "coffee time bible study in bed", which doesn't seem to match the persona, but two videos over I see "did racism exist in the bible" which seems to match the persona.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Motherwool

Hey Firebrand, I took a look at your video titles and I picked up on your Faith in God for sure. Your channel not only has thumbnails that stand out, the titles are interesting and relatable. "Was it me or was it God?" I believe Christians definitely ask the question, when trying to determine if God is speaking to them, or if it's their own voice. Also, the title about why you quit smoking cigarettes, is another relatable topic. Your most recent video title, kind of blew me off the spiritual train, as I was enjoying the ride while cruising through your titles. Then I looked again and noticed it still ties in with God in a way "it's fall come and see" then you see the nature God created and marvel at the leaves falling off the tree and realize that God gave life to the trees too!

I have subscribed to your channel, as the video titles about quitting smoking attracts me, to compare with my quitting story, also, I need to hear about the warrior angel that landed in your living room! Lastly, I don't know what is drawing me to the Autumn video but I will watch that one too.

I am wondering about this niche thing and if the content creator must have a specific one? Perhaps someone could explain more.

arnauros

Subscriber Goal
Hi Firebrand, I see that your channel has to do with Religion and Christianity, however, I'm going to agree with a few of the other replies to this thread and say that I think your thumbnails could stand out a bit more. I think your videos can speak to a lot of people and connect many, so really do keep at it, they are great so far!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Title of thread: Are my video titles consistent? Are you able to pick up my niche?
Self review: I feel like i know what i want to post but at the same time i feel like IΓÇÖm not communicating my niche. I would love to know what you think about what my channel looks like, does it look interesting to you.

So first of all it's pretty evident you're a spiritual channel, but what I really like about your titles (especially considering I'm not religious) is that your titles indicate your videos are about answering questions, not necessarily about giving opinions, and as someone who isn't religious, but finds religion interesting, I like that approach. The ability to appeal to even those are not religious is a pretty powerful skill for a religious channel, so congrats on that and I'd definitely keep the focus on that element.

Screenshot (5775).png

One thing I've noticed about some of your titles is the ... and when I hover over the title I see there's a lot more to the title than at first glance. Most of your titles work ok even with the ... but just know that sometimes not all of your title will actually appear to the user if it's longer than a certain amount of characters. That might be different on mobile, but on desktop this is how it's appeared to me. having LIVINGROO be cut off before the M isn't a huge problem because I can still more or less tell what the title is, but be mindful of that and to keep the main important element of your title before the cut off ... point.

I'll also say I like your thumbnail style as well. It's simple and clean and has an overall visual theme of consistency without being repetitive. Great work on that.

At face value I really like the look of your channel and I can tell you provide a lot of interesting value to all walks of life. It's not often I come across a religious themed channel that actually makes me curious to learn more. Again, the answering questions approach is definitely a great way to go about it. I'd probably focus more on that then the personal stories, but I can see how those story videos also fit in with your niche so no issues there.

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
So first of all it's pretty evident you're a spiritual channel, but what I really like about your titles (especially considering I'm not religious) is that your titles indicate your videos are about answering questions, not necessarily about giving opinions, and as someone who isn't religious, but finds religion interesting, I like that approach. The ability to appeal to even those are not religious is a pretty powerful skill for a religious channel, so congrats on that and I'd definitely keep the focus on that element.

View attachment 8463

One thing I've noticed about some of your titles is the ... and when I hover over the title I see there's a lot more to the title than at first glance. Most of your titles work ok even with the ... but just know that sometimes not all of your title will actually appear to the user if it's longer than a certain amount of characters. That might be different on mobile, but on desktop this is how it's appeared to me. having LIVINGROO be cut off before the M isn't a huge problem because I can still more or less tell what the title is, but be mindful of that and to keep the main important element of your title before the cut off ... point.

I'll also say I like your thumbnail style as well. It's simple and clean and has an overall visual theme of consistency without being repetitive. Great work on that.

At face value I really like the look of your channel and I can tell you provide a lot of interesting value to all walks of life. It's not often I come across a religious themed channel that actually makes me curious to learn more. Again, the answering questions approach is definitely a great way to go about it. I'd probably focus more on that then the personal stories, but I can see how those story videos also fit in with your niche so no issues there.
What amazing call out @Beanie Draws great to have someone so experienced comment especially with thumbnail and art related! You do great work!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok... you have a beginning channel here. Which is awesome! There are so many fun little things you can tweak that will make such a dramatic impact!

Banner
I like the design, it is a very pretty image and have zero issues with subtle delivery of your niche. The marble background looks like what you would see on an alter... and if you are a religious person you will likely pick up on that. There is of course some value in having a content schedule and a value proposition in your banner, things worth considering for the next iteration of the banner (and there should always be a next iteration of the banner, I update mine with every new season of content).

Thumbnails
They are bland. I don't really care for branding... I know people put a lot of emphasis on that but I don't. Instead I subscribe to the concept that each thumbnail needs to do its absolute best at presenting your video regardless of whether it ties back to a channel template or not. But you do need to upgrade the thumbnail game. They don't pop, they aren't going to stand out against your competition, they aren't catching people's attention or compelling viewers to click. I would focus heavily on your thumbnail game for the next 100 videos.

Playlists
You don't have many videos, and as such it makes your channel look a little plain. It looks vacant. So you need to get out there and make a ton of videos. But you can also create 3-5 playlists of varying focus, each with videos that maybe fit into multiple playlists. This will help to populate the appearance of more content on your channel and give you a more solid viewing library.

You have a good start here ma'am... honestly at this point you simply need more!

laglord

For a new channel its well defined, the titles are consistent i can see that its a religious channel, keep this up and you'll grow in no time