• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Chapters Stopped Showing

HighlandOutdoorGear

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
So, my timestamps still show up and work if you click on them in the description, but since installing the TubeBuddy extension, it seems that my chapters are not showing up any longer in my videos. I use the following format in my descriptions:
0:00 Intro
0:10 First Chapter
0:50 Second Chapter
And so on.....
Any ideas on what may have caused the chapters to stop showing up.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
So, my timestamps still show up and work if you click on them in the description, but since installing the TubeBuddy extension, it seems that my chapters are not showing up any longer in my videos. I use the following format in my descriptions:
0:00 Intro
0:10 First Chapter
0:50 Second Chapter
And so on.....
Any ideas on what may have caused the chapters to stop showing up.
Saw this and went to check on mine. They are working.

I use this format (I don't think it matters)
00:00 - Opening
00:18 - Intro

Reactions: HighlandOutdoorGear
OP
OP
HighlandOutdoorGear

HighlandOutdoorGear

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks. I may try the 00:00, and see if that works.

Still no luck.....not sure what happened. Seems like if the timestamps show up and work in the description, then the chapters would show up on video.

MANUELJARAGONS

TubeBuddy User
www.manueljaragons.com
Subscriber Goal
I am having the same issue... I did the chapters as the YouTube Creators Video says to do them.... Nothing happened.
I changed the format to the one with the 0 at the beginning, no luck. Added the hyphen... still nada. It's weird.

I watch the video on another browser that has no chrome extensions installed to see if that could be the case, but nope.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

Still no luck.....not sure what happened. Seems like if the timestamps show up and work in the description, then the chapters would show up on video.
How many chapters did you try to use? I doubt you tried to use more than 50, but they actually won't work at all if you have more than 50. I had an hour long video that I wanted to segment into differant sections and I initially had more than 50 and none of them would show up. I reduced it down to about 30 chapters and it worked fine.

Also, each chapter MUST be 10 seconds long minimum I believe, so if you have a chapter that's less than 10 seconds, that will theoretically mess up ALL your chapters. I haven't tested to see if for example, chapter 20 is 9 seconds and everything before that chapter works, and everything after that chapter doesn't work, but you say that your first chapter is 00:00 (which is correct) I have a gut feeling that your second chapter being at 00:10 might be causing the issue. I don't like having chapters at 10 seconds even if YouTube says you can, I always make sure my chapters are minimum of 11 seconds.

So make sure each chapter length is longer than 10-11 seconds, and you don't have more than 50

You also must have at least 3 chapters. I'd go with 4 minimum just to be safe.

So if you have MORE than 3 chapters (it can be exactly 3, I just did a test) LESS than 50. each chapter is longer than 10 seconds and you're STILL finding issues, then it might be a bug.

Oh and make sure you haven't made any timestamps before 00:00 that will mess with it (I had one where I said at the start "video starts at 01:50 (just an example) and that disabled the timestamps and chapters I had after. When I removed the timestamp before that, the chapters worked after 00:00

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

Actually, I just manually checked your channel, your timestamps show up for me on FireFox. Has it always done this or is it just that time? may have been a bug in YouTube.