• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Monthly Reminder: YouTube Growth Is About Time, Patience And Hard Work

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For as long as I have been a member and a moderator for TubeBuddy I have seen new members join our community looking to grow their channels with one particular goal in mind. Monetization, making money. While the idea of starting a channel in order to make money off it is not a bad goal, it should not be your main goal and it should definitely not be your first goal.

YouTube growth is about time, patience and hard work. There is no secret ingredient, no magical spell or no special trick that can make you a success overnight and rich the next day. Otherwise, we would all be living in the lap of luxury.

1) Figure out your ideal audience
2) Focus on making great content people want to watch
3) Work on making at least 100 videos and learn from these experiences as you go
4) Watch you analytics and see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly
5) Above all else: have patience, don't worry about subs and view count. It takes time to grow.

Good luck.

sol katsumata

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For as long as I have been a member and a moderator for TubeBuddy I have seen new members join our community looking to grow their channels with one particular goal in mind. Monetization, making money. While the idea of starting a channel in order to make money off it is not a bad goal, it should not be your main goal and it should definitely not be your first goal.

YouTube growth is about time, patience and hard work. There is no secret ingredient, no magical spell or no special trick that can make you a success overnight and rich the next day. Otherwise, we would all be living in the lap of luxury.

3) Work on making at least 100 videos and learn from these experiences as you go
4) Watch you analytics and see what works and what doesn't and adjust accordingly
5) Above all else: have patience, don't worry about subs and view count. It takes time to grow.

Good luck.
Very well said,just stay focus and be patient enough..

Reactions: BraveStar

thegaminggoose

Subscriber Goal

Good luck.

The number 2 always baffles me because I have no idea what that is.

I think another number that might be added is to factor in time. How long does it take to create and edit a video? Is that sustainable and can a person keep up that schedule?

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The number 2 always baffles me because I have no idea what that is.

I think another number that might be added is to factor in time. How long does it take to create and edit a video? Is that sustainable and can a person keep up that schedule?

I understand what you mean. Think of it this way. What makes you watch a video? What makes you watch it all the way through? I am a very picky person. The content has to truly capture me to make me wanna watch it all the way through and subscribe. That is what I consider great content. Content created for someone like me that draws me in. I like videos where the production is of high quality because it shows they made the extra effort to give me that quality. I have seen a lot of channel with content I enjoy such as gameplay, tech unboxings and even politics that I did not find entertaining enough to want to watch or come back for more. Be it the mic was terrible, the quality of the video was amateur at best, not even trying at worse.

In essence, figure out who your audience is and see what works best. Super quality or just average.

thegaminggoose

Subscriber Goal
I understand what you mean. Think of it this way. What makes you watch a video? What makes you watch it all the way through? I am a very picky person. The content has to truly capture me to make me wanna watch it all the way through and subscribe. That is what I consider great content. Content created for someone like me that draws me in. I like videos where the production is of high quality because it shows they made the extra effort to give me that quality. I have seen a lot of channel with content I enjoy such as gameplay, tech unboxings and even politics that I did not find entertaining enough to want to watch or come back for more. Be it the mic was terrible, the quality of the video was amateur at best, not even trying at worse.

In essence, figure out who your audience is and see what works best. Super quality or just average.

There's no content that is going to "capture" me on YouTube. I couldn't tell you the last time I loved watching what someone produces. It's been since 2010 at least. I watch videos for the personality of the person. Yes, usually it has to be a subject/topic/thing I am interested in as well. I am not watching ASMR videos because they do not appeal to me in any way. There isn't any way a person could get me to watch an ASMR video, let alone subscribe. I have to like the host/creator. There's no other reason for me to watch a video. Apparently, I am in the minority. Asking myself questions doesn't work because I must be unlike everyone else. I watch videos in my genres with hundreds of thousands of views and other than fast edits, I see nothing appealing about it. In fact, I don't enjoy or watch much of anything in my genre any more because there aren't many good personalities left.

I feel the same way about trying to watch the NBA. When I was teenager I watched Jordan, Bird, and Magic etc. These guys were icons and great. Now I tune in and am like. ugh. Well there no people I fine remotely tolerable. I am out.

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There's no content that is going to "capture" me on YouTube. I couldn't tell you the last time I loved watching what someone produces. It's been since 2010 at least. I watch videos for the personality of the person. Yes, usually it has to be a subject/topic/thing I am interested in as well. I am not watching ASMR videos because they do not appeal to me in any way. There isn't any way a person could get me to watch an ASMR video, let alone subscribe. I have to like the host/creator. There's no other reason for me to watch a video. Apparently, I am in the minority. Asking myself questions doesn't work because I must be unlike everyone else. I watch videos in my genres with hundreds of thousands of views and other than fast edits, I see nothing appealing about it. In fact, I don't enjoy or watch much of anything in my genre any more because there aren't many good personalities left.

I feel the same way about trying to watch the NBA. When I was teenager I watched Jordan, Bird, and Magic etc. These guys were icons and great. Now I tune in and am like. ugh. Well there no people I fine remotely tolerable. I am out.

Actually, you got exactly what I meant. You are not really in a minority. Most people watch videos based on the creator. Basically, the creator themselves are the means to capture you. It all really depends on the content. Sometimes it's the creator, sometimes it's the content itself because the creator is not a part of it directly (like an animation or like Jelle's Marbles).

thegaminggoose

Subscriber Goal
Actually, you got exactly what I meant. You are not really in a minority. Most people watch videos based on the creator. Basically, the creator themselves are the means to capture you. It all really depends on the content. Sometimes it's the creator, sometimes it's the content itself because the creator is not a part of it directly (like an animation or like Jelle's Marbles).

Did you mean Jenna Marbles?

Oh, well then my personality must suck lol

OP
OP
BraveStar

BraveStar

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Did you mean Jenna Marbles?

Oh, well then my personality must suck lol

LOL, no actually a channel called Jelle's Marble Runs where they basically recreate Olympic like sports but with marbles. It's amazing. I also like 3DBotMaker's HotWheels races